cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t text from iPhone to android

jrboodoosingh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just recently I haven’t been able to send my brother’s android phone a text/sms from my iPhone. Anyone have any ideas? My iOS is up to date, I’ve reset the phone, I’ve signed out of Apple and back in. It just happened all of a sudden and it’s frustrating. Anyone else have this issue and have a successful solution? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Intersting problem with Autopay.  Did you get a message (email/text) from PM advising you that your payment had not been completed?

Try to text with data on. 

jrboodoosingh

I can’t confirm that I can text from iPhone to android yet as my brother is now asleep and won’t respond til tomorrow but I’m pretty sure things will work now. Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrboodoosingh wrote:

I got excited when I added enough funds that my balance was $0. But it still wouldn’t change my account status to “active”. I ended up paying yet another $25 so now my account balance is +$25. But my account says Active now. And it still says I’m on Autopay, which it obviously isn’t using. My credit card is stored on my account. I see it there.

So did you restart your phone or are your services working now?

Now you have enough balance to pay for next term. Hopefully end of July the autopay will work for you. It has been known to be a little flaky for some people. It should be bulletproof but alas.

jrboodoosingh

I got excited when I added enough funds that my balance was $0. But it still wouldn’t change my account status to “active”. I ended up paying yet another $25 so now my account balance is +$25. But my account says Active now. And it still says I’m on Autopay, which it obviously isn’t using. My credit card is stored on my account. I see it there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrboodoosingh wrote:

It had said my balance is $2. I added $1. Now there is $3. So annoying. Why the issue if I’m onautopay? 

Sometimes automated things mess up.

Add in the difference of what your plan is (plan - $3) and it should reactivate or click the reactivate button in that upper right area.

jrboodoosingh

It had said my balance is $2. I added $1. Now there is $3. So annoying. Why the issue if I’m onautopay? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrboodoosingh wrote:

I’ve tried looking at all that, no luck. Settings appear to be as they should be. I did notice one thing just now though - I signed into my Public Mobile account and it says my plan has been deactivated even though I’m on AutoPay. It won’t accept another payment, saying I’ve already paid, so why the deactivation? I’ve put a ticket into a moderator.

Try adding a manual amount. What is in your Available Funds?

jrboodoosingh

I’ve tried looking at all that, no luck. Settings appear to be as they should be. I did notice one thing just now though - I signed into my Public Mobile account and it says my plan has been deactivated even though I’m on AutoPay. It won’t accept another payment, saying I’ve already paid, so why the deactivation? I’ve put a ticket into a moderator.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jrboodoosinghCheck that your setup is as follows:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & receive: should show your PM phone number and your Apple ID email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrboodoosingh wrote:

Just recently I haven’t been able to send my brother’s android phone a text/sms from my iPhone. Anyone have any ideas? My iOS is up to date, I’ve reset the phone, I’ve signed out of Apple and back in. It just happened all of a sudden and it’s frustrating. Anyone else have this issue and have a successful solution? Thanks!

@jrboodoosingh 

Did the SMS setting in iMessage get turned off? Can you send to any other Android phone? Did you accidentally put your brother into Blocked Contacts?

Need Help? Let's chat.