cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t setting my APN

Kvalderrama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I have a Blackview BV9500 with Android 8.1 and I can´t setup my APN, I´ve done everything, from root the device, change the rom, format all, download APN's apks, change the sim... nothing works!

The APN settings are greyed and says: acces point name settings are not available for this user...

Please heeeeelp!

14 REPLIES 14

@walt2 

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@walt2 

You have no working services at all? That's a whole different issue. Did you port your number in as well? You most likely need immediate moderator assistance to set up your sim card. 

walt2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ziOuser4.    I was wondering about doing a complete reset, but am hesitant to mess up the phone even more. No calls or texts in or out yet.  Making a screenshot would be good ..I would have to do it with my real camera and d/l it on to my desktop, then send it here. That's possible. Thanks.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walt2 : LG phones have been known to need a network reset if not all the way to a factory reset when changing providers.

Calls in/out? Texts in/out?

Maybe post screenshots of your APN settings and we can verify what you have.

walt2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is Only Day Two w/o a phone and text...and my opinion of PM is going the wrong way fast.  I've bought a new phone, an LG K31, which is not specifically listed in the PM inventory, so I have added the APN settings to the LG K30 model.  There is not an APN revisionable spot for my phone number.    Anyone else with a similiar situation?  i am ready to go back to Telus , frankly, looking at the issues here worries me about PM now.  I appreciate the friendliness and helpfulness of all involved here, however, there should be more F/T staff to do escalated queries .  

@derekb22 wrote:

Is it for just internet? You have to make it 3g on server slot 

APN settings don't do anything for calls or text messaging.  What do you mean by server slot?  The APN settings are the same regardless of your plan or and whether you're connected to the LTE or 3g network.

derekb22

Is it for just internet? You have to make it 3g on server slot 

Kvalderrama

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for your help. Finally, I merged that will13am and geopublic told me and I fixed it!

First: I used the adb shell to add a new apn. It was a little complicated because I thought I had to reboot in bootloader mode so nothing happened. Then I turn on normally my phone and I did it all again and I realized that when I enter the command in adb shell to add a new apn, a new apn appeared on my phone, but greyed out; and when I started to write the commands to set up this new apn, I could do it on my phone directly.

Second: I use exactly what geopublic said, first I tried with the parameters that PM says but it didn't work. The system gives me this message: "the operator does not allow adding an of type*", but I press the home button.

That works for me! Thanks again and HAPPY CANADA DAY! Finally, I can enjoy life again hahaha 

😄😄😄

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kvalderrama wrote:

Hi! I have a Blackview BV9500 with Android 8.1 and I can´t setup my APN, I´ve done everything, from root the device, change the rom, format all, download APN's apks, change the sim... nothing works!

The APN settings are greyed and says: acces point name settings are not available for this user...

Please heeeeelp!

@Kvalderrama  If you use one of the following sims you can add an APN entry to a Android 8.1 phone:

Freedom Mobile

Roam.com

Fizz

Speakout?

Once the APN is added then insert your PM sim and it should work. If you don't have any of the above sims just go to a Freedom Mobile booth and ask them for one to test reception and add the APN as follows:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these setting.

Kvalderrama

Hi again will13am! I could do the settings using the adb commands!! BUT!! anyway I don't have internet... 

Now I can see the apn settings for Public Mobile, also I can edit it! but when I go back in the menu I have this message: "operator does not allow adding apns of type *"

Now, I'm stuck on this, but I have apn! It0s a good start, THANKS!

Kvalderrama

Hi will13am, I tried, I connected my phone by adb, and I try to edit with this command. 

am start -a android.intent.action.INSERT content://telephony/carriers --ei simId -1

but nothing happened.

I try whith these commands:

content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind type:s:"default,dun,mms"
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind user:s:"sp.mb.com"
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind mmsc:s:" http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc "
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind mmsport:s:"80"
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind mmscproxy:s:"74.49.0.18"
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind mcc:s:"302"
content update --uri content://telephony/carriers --where "_id=302220" --bind mnc:s:"220" 

and nothing...

thanks anyway!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kvalderrama , give this thread a look.  A solution was discussed that may work for you.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/

Kvalderrama

Hi, thanks for answer! I tried to upgrade to Android 9, but I couln't. I don't know if I there is another android version that works in my device... I'm looking for it . I'm so tired with this issue.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kvalderrama @APN settings is greyed out on Oreo version is a known problem. You will need to upgrade to higher version or downgrade to see that option available.

Need Help? Let's chat.