cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sent MMs

irishman4
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello  can anyone help me with this just switched to new plan  $25 to have MMs

( text & image) unlimited... but  can't sent MMs , so I read  a little bit on this community , and what to do.... the only solution  was to reset Network...( had lte icon )

it worked ..........but i want to sent it  through wi-fi... ( when Lte is On HomeWi-Fi goes down..!!!

does sending through Lte  (Cellular Data ) included in this plan (unlimited of sending Text & images )or it will cost me x-tra cellular data..!!!

thanks for  clearing that up................................

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irishman4 wrote:

z10user4   Ok  thanks for your help , will have to  do proper settings on my Iphone..

the info i need  is about data roaming   On  Or  Off  then all  Set....

.........................Regards...................................

Roaming only matters if you're in the states with roaming add-ons. Otherwise roaming doesn't enter into it.

irishman4

z10user4   Ok  thanks for your help , will have to  do proper settings on my Iphone..

the info i need  is about data roaming   On  Or  Off  then all  Set....

.........................Regards...................................

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irishman4 wrote:

z10user4   Hello just did a couple test with  wi-fi on off  ..and you are right  not working ...

info on web misleading.....!!  so  what i did  After even network reset   

Lte went on  and wi-fi  off..!!   ( could send images & Photos )

so i wanted  to have both working  wi-fi is on now and Cellular on  & Working well  

am i having right settings  Cellular on

Cellular data options    Lte on   and   Data Roaming  OFF

to browse the web

I don't know about all phones, but my BB OS10 will give precedence to wifi if both are on and connected to both. So it would seem then that internet traffic will go through wifi and still allow MMS to go through cell data.

irishman4

z10user4   Hello just did a couple test with  wi-fi on off  ..and you are right  not working ...

info on web misleading.....!!  so  what i did  After even network reset   

Lte went on  and wi-fi  off..!!   ( could send images & Photos )

so i wanted  to have both working  wi-fi is on now and Cellular on  & Working well  

am i having right settings  Cellular on

Cellular data options    Lte on   and   Data Roaming  OFF

to browse the web

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@irishman4 wrote:

( text & image) unlimited... but  can't sent MMs , so I read  a little bit on this community , and what to do.... the only solution  was to reset Network...( had lte icon )

it worked ..........but i want to sent it  through wi-fi... ( when Lte is On HomeWi-Fi goes down..!!!

does sending through Lte  (Cellular Data ) included in this plan (unlimited of sending Text & images )or it will cost me x-tra cellular data..!!!

To send MMS you need to keep Mobile Data on. When you are at home do you turn mobile Data off? If yes, don't just leave mobile data on and Wi-Fi  on and it should work through Wi-Fi.

MMS will not go in/out via wifi. Cell data only. You don't even need a data component in your service. Just cell data on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@irishman4 wrote:

To send MMS you need to keep Mobile Data on. When you are at home do you turn mobile Data off? If yes, don't just leave mobile data on and Wi-Fi  on and it should work while Wi-Fi is on.

**Edit to correct WiFi inaccuracy

@RobertQc wrote:

@irishman4 wrote:

@irishman4 

Sending MMS through 3G/4GLTE/Mobile Data is unlimited and free. It does not count towards data (except on local data usage apps on the phone, but doesn't count here at public mobile). MMS has to go through LTE unless you use some sort of special app like imessage.

Robert, MMS will go through on wireless data 3G or LTE.  Neither are metered because the data goes through a special MMS proxy.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@irishman4 wrote:

@irishman4 

Sending MMS through 3G/4GLTE/Mobile Data is unlimited and free. It does not count towards data (except on local data usage apps on the phone, but doesn't count here at public mobile). MMS has to go through LTE (edit also meant to say 3g here) unless you use some sort of special app like imessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.