cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Can't send/recieve MMS on galaxy S6

I'm trying to help the bf get MMS working on his "new" phone and there are limited options for the APN  type. None of them seem to work. Is there a work around for getting the APN on his phone? This is what i see......

20201023_092754.jpg

Edit: I just wanted to add in regards to the solution....the tethering APN worked but i think that was due to there only being WhatsApp installed as the phone app  with the original installed samsung phone app not on the phone nor a traditional phone app so I could achieve the final result once I installed a phone/dialer app then followed @Jb456 suggestion.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't send/recieve MMS on galaxy S6

@darlicious 

You screenshot shows apn type as default ...pick internet/MMS ..save and reboot phone

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Can you edit the settings manually?

If not contact mods with make model and IMEI ask them to push settings through SMS

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

NOT ANOTHER PHONE!!?? 🙂

Have you looked at networks? Maybe it's on GSM? I suppose not if other services are working.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Is it android 6 marshmallow or android 7 nougat?

Anyways that don't matter. Default androids provide a text field to enter them. Samsung provides your screenshot.

Pick 

Internet/MMS

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Yes this is #6 in the space of one year and that's not counting that he killed the screen on my  beloved little back up flip phone. Note the continuous downgrade in phone. At this point he would have a hard time outlasting the time it takes to blacklist a stolen phone. He should be the product tester for a brand of rugged phones. Its a very, very, very sad state of affairs.

@totalUser 

I haven't found any threads showing this to be a problem on an S6 so there must be a way for it to work. I thought Samsung phones automatically pushed these settings. He did a factory reset.  Is there another setting that should be different or does the APN type have to have default in it?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I have everything else set to these settings.....Screenshot_20201023-040149.pngScreenshot_20201023-040140.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

You screenshot shows apn type as default ...pick internet/MMS ..save and reboot phone

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

I will get him to try that....i forgot about doing a reboot!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Phone should also be set to LTE,3G,2G (auto connect)

If on marshmallow 6 turn off volte if yours has that.

Need Help? Let's chat.