cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send picture messages

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Why I am unable to send picture messages to other country ? I have unlimited picture messages optionS included , could anyone please tell me what's wrong ? I am using nokia lumia 1020, I have old plan of 25$ unlimited talk text and international picture messages.
22 REPLIES 22

There is no number to call but you can submit a ticket to a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

risaak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so i logged into my daughter's account today and says she has used 30 mb of her data just in 1 day. i know she's only had it at home and was using wifi only. only sending texts to her friends with pictures. however my data is being used up...ideas? is there a phone number to call public mobile to ask them why this is happening? 

risaak

yes - i didn't even realize it had data included when i signed up. we decided it would be a good transition from wifi only to text and talking. that way our daughter can text or phone for emergencies and talk to her friends. we don't want her to have data yet. i figured out how to turn data on and click off all of her apps. but i kept find my iphone on there for data. and now it works great. thanks!

i was worried when i saw that i needed to have data on that we needed data to text. now i see how it all works. thank you for your help

@risaak 

MMS/picture messaging will not count for your data.  The problem with leaving the data on is the potential leakage of data for other apps/browser/email/etc.  With the iphone, you could shut app access to data.  

I kinda consider the $15 plan basically a text and talk plan.  The bonus 250 mB data per month is not much at all.  Easily used up in the a few minutes to hours.

Another option for your daughter is to turn off data.  When she needs to send picture message, then turn it on, send the message and then turn it off.  Kinda hassle.  

risaak

but if we keep data on then it sucks all of our data! i don't want my daughter using data so i wanted to use the phone just for texting and phoning. not data

aguyfromontario

Here is how to setup your apn on your Nokia Lumina 1020 followed by the actual APN settings you need to send picture messages also known as MMS:

Set up your phone for internet

The internet connection is shared by many functions on your phone such as internet browsing, receiving email messages and installing apps. You can access the internet as soon as you've inserted your SIM. If this isn't the case, you can set up your phone for internet manually.

Just so you know...

Please select the red text to see instructional images.

Find "access point"
Slide your finger left across the display to open the main menu.
Press Settings.
Press access point.
Please note that your phone is set up for picture messaging and internet at the same time.

Create new data connection
Press the add icon.

Enter name
Press the field below "Connection name" and key in Public Mobile APN

Now follow the rest of these settings for Public Mobile:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC:
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

NOW
Save and activate data connection
Press the confirm icon.
Press the data connection to activate it.
Return to the home screen
Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Check the APNs of your Moto G to ensure that they conform with PM's requirements. Use the search engine and enter APN. A post entitled "Setting Up Data On Your Phone" will appear. Consult that.

Also, to send or receive picture messages (MMS), your data must be in the "on" position, even if you don't have data in your plan.

I hope that this has answered your question.

BrittRose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have a Moto G that I bought when we had to upgrade to the 4G and app there was something wrong with the batch and they had to put a code in to enable the picture messaging in it. Since a software update it will not let me send or recieve pictures again. How can I resolve this? 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey 

That's correct!

Cheers!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^As of today in Canada Pictures messages only work with Canadian and US carrier and the odd one by glitch may be sent to an overseas number but as of now with all Canadian carriers pictures officially can't be sent to overseas numbers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Where did you come by information that supposedly global picture messaging is limited to Canada and the USA?

I would like a moderator to address this matter.

chukdefatey
^It might be listed but picture messaging only works with Canadian and US Carrier

Martin
Legend
Legend
I beg to differ.

I have a grandfathered plan, and, in my online account, it is clearly stated that I have unlimited global text messaging and picture messaging.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You mean unlimited intl. SMS?..regarding MMS it's only valid within Canada..

Farjy
No I have unlimited global picture messaging in my plan

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Picture messaging (MMS) is not supported internationally except for USA, use your email to send pictures.

chukdefatey
If you are unable to send picture messages to yourself then you settings are configured properly.

Farjy
I even can't send msg to myself

Martin
Legend
Legend
Do you have your flight mode or equivalent on?
That would stop all communications?

Regarding data, check wireless and networks, or equivalent.

Try sending an MMS to yourself.

Lastly, the person overseas must have a carrier that has a contract with PM. If not, no MMS.

Farjy
I think it's on , cz it's written data connection on, but it's also written use cellular data/don't use cellular data , I'm not not sure should I turn on use data ? Is it gona charge me extra ? Could you anyone help me out? I wana send picture to my mom , as I don't see her for ages n she is not expert of computer so I prefer to send her picture messages 😔😔😔😔

Farjy
Where do check in nokia lumia whether my data is enable or not? I m sorry I'm not that smart about all this 😔

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi!

Is your data enabled, even though you are not charged for MMS data?
Need Help? Let's chat.