cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Can't send or receive pictures through text*

Whitelmlotus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there, I've had public Mobile for quite some time now, and never had any problems with sending/receiving pictures before. Until now, out of nowhere that's just stopped working. I've spoken to several agents all with a new suggestion for a solution, but all have been unsuccessful. Someone please help! 

7 REPLIES 7

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happens tome all the time, I keep data off until I see a pic on text open data then I turn it back off. Hope this helps

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I had same issue and it comes and goes. I turn on data but some times setting the app settings work  I have a lg6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Whitelmlotus  A couple of questions:

• Are all MMS not working. Have you tried sending more than one to different numbers?
  • Make and model of your phone?
  • Current Plan?
  • Have you tried your sim in another phone?
  • Is your data currently working?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Whitelmlotus force close your text app and restart your phone.  Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  If this doesnt work. Reset your network settings.  For better help, what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Whitelmlotus 

Have you reset your phone? You can try to do a factory reset make sure everything is backed up.

What device do you have? if you have a samsung here is a good trouble shooting page for samsung unable to send mms. 

https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/i-cannot-send-or-receive-mms/

Your data needs to be turned on to send and receive MMS. It does not consume your data. Even if you had a plan with no data ($15 plan with no autopay would be no data) MMS will still work but data needs to be TURNED ON.

Does your internet work? If internet does not work that means there is a problem with your APN settings. Which also means MMS text will not work. If that is the case check your APN settings. They should be like below.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

If those don't work try leaving the last two MNVO ones blank.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
  1. @Whitelmlotus 

Is your cellular data on?

Edit: Here is a recent thread on mms and data not working:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/MMS-and-Data-is-not-working/m-p/54668...

Need Help? Let's chat.