cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive SMS

Ryanoneill91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone, first time posting here 😃

I'm currently having a problem with my phone, Since about 11am ET time Saturday, I haven't been able to send or receive text messages. This is what I have done so far:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Took sim card out with phone powered off, waited a minute and restarted

- Verified APN settings

- Factory Reset phone (silly me, now I can't get into my 2-factor accounts that text codes lol)

- Took SIM card out and put in another phone, same problee while my phone recieved texts with my friends SIM card was in it.

Any other suggestions for me? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

I'm currently having a problem with my phone, Since about 11am ET time Saturday, I haven't been able to send or receive text messages. This is what I have done so far:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

- Factory Reset phone (silly me, now I can't get into my 2-factor accounts that text codes lol)

- Took SIM card out and put in another phone, same problee while my phone recieved texts with my friends SIM card was in it.

What's your plan? Is $10 plan that only 50 texts outgoing that you have? if it is that you probably use up outgoing texts.

The only thing you did not try is the Lost/Stolen trick. Might be worthwhile since it acts like a soft account reset Robot Happy

ohhhh I didn't know this trick, I will try this and see!

Unfortunatly this did not fix it =( 

@Ryanoneill91 I think you did all you can do from your end  The moderators should be able to troubleshoot it and provide the fix.

@Ryanoneill91 you can already write a private message to the moderator..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will check in your account. Give them details of your problem. Waiting time is up to 48 hours.

Ryanoneill91

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

What's your plan? Is $10 plan that only 50 texts outgoing that you have? if it is that you probably use up outgoing texts.

The only thing you did not try is the Lost/Stolen trick. Might be worthwhile since it acts like a soft account reset Robot Happy

Unfortunatly this did not fix it =( 

Ryanoneill91

@geopublic wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

My data works fine, and I can make calls, and recieve incoming calls. 

Which phone do you have? Something with the settings..???

Ryanoneill91

My data works fine, and I can make calls, and recieve incoming calls. 

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

I have the $50 8.5gb unlimited text plan. I'm quite stumped 

Is your self-serve account shows ACTIVE? Can you call?

@hycm53 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

Ryanoneill91

I have the $50 8.5gb unlimited text plan. I'm quite stumped 

@hycm53 wrote:

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

That would not explain why they cannot receive texts though since it's unlimited incoming 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Ryanoneill91 wrote:

- Restarted phone

- Tried other SMS apps

- Verified APN settings

What's your plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.