cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts after roaming

pmii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, my phone worked just fine when I was in Florida, but now that I'm back, I can't receive texts.  I can send them, and people receive them, but I haven't got any texts since I returned to Canada today. (And I've tried sending texts to myself from another number!)

I've rebooted the phone and checked my settings but everything seems to be proper.

Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this?  I saw that other people have had this issue but I'm not sure how they resolved it.

21 REPLIES 21

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @mgtribes,

We've responded to your PM. Please check your inbox!

Best,

Syed

mgtribes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same problem.  Back from Reno.  Had US Roaming add-on.  Now I can't receive texts.  I can send them.  I have an iphone and can send and receive imessage texts but not SMS texts.  When I look at my usage record, I see no incoming SMS texts, so it isn't my phone...

@asopkow Seems the solution is to wait 2 days, or click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Your choice.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

asopkow

Hi there, 

I've recently returned from roaming in the States and this issue is now happening to me. Should I PM the previously mentioned individuals?

Regards

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy they are aware and are actively working on it.  Unfortunately the pace is agonizingly slow.  It will eventually be erradicated.  But patience, with PM, above all else, is a virtue!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

This happens too often, apparently the previous fix attempt didnt work.  Need mod to notify whatever tech team about it to figure out what went wrong. 

srlawren

Sorry to hear that, @Ron_A.  Can you please send your phone number and your wife's phone number to either @Shazia_K or @Mary_M?  Hopefully one of them can assist you in the morning, some time after 9AM EST (Toronto/Montreal timezone).  If you're not sure how to private message them, please see the links in the italic text at the bottom of this reply.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ron_A

My wife and I are also experiencing this the.  Roaming worked fine in the US.  After the roaming package expiered we don't receive any text messages.

srlawren

@pmii wonderful, very glad to hear it.  Cheers!

pmii

Thanks for your help, it was fixed early this morning.  Some texts were lost but everything is working again!

srlawren

@pmii have you heard anything yet?  If you could provide a brief update when you get a chance that would be great.  

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You should be fine once a mod looks into your account

Hope they get this fixed on their side so it doesn't happen to anyone else

pmii

Great idea, thanks!

srlawren

@pmii you should hear back from Shazia sometime tomorrow morning.  I believe she starts at 9AM eastern.  Actually to expidite things, you may want to send her a private message (see my text in italics at the bottom of this message for instructions) with your phone number.  This will make it easier for her to locate your account and help.

srlawren

@pmii yes PM had thought they had fixed it but a few instance have cropped up in the past couple of weeks and I know for a fact they re-investigating in order to try to finally stop it from occurring ever again.  But given the timing and my own personal experience with this bug (happened to me and a travel companion in early Jan after a US trip), it definitely walks and quacks like a duck, making me think it's a duck.  😞  Unable to receive text messages starting a few hours after expiry but everything else working is the symptom of the 2nd round of the bug for sure.

pmii

I saw that other people had this issue a few months ago, and that it had been fixed, so I was hoping it was something I needed to do to get it working again.

Thanks for the help, I'll cross my fingers they get to me tonight!

srlawren

@pmii this sounds like an issue that was thought to be extinct but has shown up a few times recently.  A moderator will be able to help you, but it may be tomorrow as we are nearing the end of their coverage for the day (9PM Eastern time today).

pmii

The plan expired around noon today, and I got back to Canada at 5pm.

pmii

Nothing comes up in the account that shouldn't be there, though I believe the roaming package was supposed to expire around noon today and it's still showing as "active"

srlawren

@pmii did your 10 days roaming expire around the time that the incoming texts stopped?  

@Shazia_K this might be a US Roaming Expiry bug coming back to life... Can you please investigate?  Thank you!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Does anything show up in your account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.