cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive or make calls all of a sudden

BabaGurGur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on a call when all of a sudden it dropped. 

Since then, whenever I make a call I am told my plan does not include long distance and to buy one. Problem is... I have the 200 minute US/Canada add on and I barely use 30 minutes of it a month. 

I can't even make calls to my son who is sitting beside me. 

People calling me get voicemail right away. 

I have not changed any settings, like I said I was on a call when all of a sudden it dropped and has not worked since. 

Please help, I am supposed to go pick up my brother in law from the airport but this is going to be difficult without a working phone!!

10 REPLIES 10

Addon for long distance are one time purchase, use until empty, then require you to repurchase.

Addons do not renew per cycle.  You have run out of your minutes.

As stated above you likely ran out of your 50 minutes for this 30 day cycle and ran out of your 200 minutes addon.  

The quickest solution is to buy another 200 min long distance add on.  Depending on when your next cycle renewal is, you could also renew your $10 plan earlier, but you will need to contact moderator for that option.  But expect 2-3 day wait for moderators....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BabaGurGur wrote:

I have the $10 per 30 days plan with autopay. I still have $38 in credits in my account.

Account status is ACTIVE.

I don't see the 200 minute add on listed on the overview page, but if I click the 'Plan and Add-Ons' tab at the top, I see it listed in the My Add-ons section underneath My Plan.

Neither the overview page nor the plan and add-ons page show xxx/200.

If you don't see the xxx/200 minutes usage line on the overview page your 200 minutes add-on was used.  Check your usage history to calculate how many minutes you had used.

You need to purchase minutes add-on again.

When is your next renewal date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BabaGurGur wrote:

...used up my minutes?

I get 250 minutes a month, I just reviewed my usage on selfserve and at most its maybe 25-35 minutes. 

I have not gone over my minutes. 

No. You get 50 minutes per 30 day term. 50 total in and out. The 200 minute add-on will stay on until consumed. It sounds a lot like you've consumed all your minutes everywhere. There's another usage page that would show you an overview of your usage. Not the details. Just an overview.

Edit: If you don't see:

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

or

Limited Canada-Wide Talk

on the top overview page then you've consumed everything.

Edit again: @BabaGurGur: Curious that you said you saw the add-on on the Plan & Add-ons page. If you go on to click on Data & Add-on Usage just below there...what do you see listed?

You should see an overview of all of your consumption. Curious to know what you see there.

BabaGurGur

...used up my minutes?

I get 250 minutes a month, I just reviewed my usage on selfserve and at most its maybe 25-35 minutes. 

I have not gone over my minutes. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BabaGurGur, based on your description, you have used up your minutes.  If you are not seeing xxx/200 minutes, that means the add-on is consumed.  Having money in the account doesn't change anything.  Being prepaid, you must initiate action to buy more usage.

BabaGurGur

Jacky, to be clear, I did not physically drop my phone. The call dropped, AKA network disconnected me. 

BabaGurGur

I have the $10 per 30 days plan with autopay. I still have $38 in credits in my account.

Account status is ACTIVE.

I don't see the 200 minute add on listed on the overview page, but if I click the 'Plan and Add-Ons' tab at the top, I see it listed in the My Add-ons section underneath My Plan.

Neither the overview page nor the plan and add-ons page show xxx/200.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Iam so sorry to hear that,if you have extra unlock phone ,remove the SIM card from the dropped one to extra unlock phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BabaGurGur

Which plan do you have?

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

Is the 200 minutes add-on still showing xxx/200 minutes? where xxx is the number of minutes used.

Need Help? Let's chat.