cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive mTAN SMS from my credit card company

Kumuluswolken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am currently at a loss what to do, I would think it's a more advanced problem therefore I hope someone from the @CS_Agent reads this and can help.

I am unable to receive automated SMS from my credit card company containing mTANs.

The credit card company is Barclaycard from Germany, therefore they send these SMS from Germany to my Canadian number. I called them to double check my phone number in their system and they have it correct.

Now I suspect that something in the Public Mobile network is preventing the SMS from coming through.

I tried the "Lost/Found trick" as described here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Not-Receiving-Text-Messages/td-p/213508

but it didn't help.

All other services are working fine. I can receive and send out SMS, calls and data in Canada. I can call to Germany, I didn't check if sending SMS to and receiving from other sources in Germany work.

Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel1984

Was this solved, because I have the same issue with that specific Bank from Germany that I can’t receive mTANs via SMS

Kumuluswolken

Thank you for the tip, but we also checked that.

They read the number to me starting with 001, then I told them if we could try changing it to "+1", but they told me that their system doesn't accept the +1 format. So my phone number is correctly stated with the "001" prefix in their system.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible their system doesn't use international codes properly.

Text Germany from Canada

00 - 1 - ###-###-####

Or is your number of record:

###-###-####

And they can just add 00 1 in front of it on the system at their end.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kumuluswolken, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.