cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls

Destroyer2413
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

i signed up for a plan on August 4th, and I cannot receive any phone calls it goes straight to my voice mail 

11 REPLIES 11

licanada

My phone can call only but can’t receive any call after I changed my phone number

licanada

My phone only call but can’t receive any call after I changed my phone number

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Destroyer2413 wrote:

Hi

i signed up for a plan on August 4th, and I cannot receive any phone calls it goes straight to my voice mail 

I also on occasion have the same problem and worse. At times when I try to make a voice call I get a message that I do not have a voice plan. I have learned to live with this and my routine is to just try and try again until it works. Posted this problem several times but no satisfaction.

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bell / Telus had a massive outage in Eastern Ontario today between 11 AM and around 1:30 - might have been your root cause too.

I wasn't able to make, receive, text or use Data during that time frame either.

Destroyer2413

I can make calls, but I can’t  receive any calls, it goes straight to my voice mail 

Destroyer2413

Thanks. I submitted a ticket to the moderators

Destroyer2413

Thanks. I will try that

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Destroyer2413 wrote:

Hi

Hi @Destroyer2413 ,

If you have ported a phone number from another provider maybe the other provider's SIM will still work until the port is complete.

A landline could take up to 7 days to complete the port.

So you can make calls out, and send and receive texts with your Public Mobile SIM?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Destroyer2413  Check to see if dnd or aeroplane mode is enabled. AlsoDial '#21#' to take off unconditional call forwarding. And try these tricks to reset your service. You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If they fail, your sim may not have provisioned correctly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. Welcome to PM. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Destroyer2413

try resetting your network settings

contact customer support if you're still having issues

type "activation issue"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your phone number over to PM ?

Try rebooting your phone.  Make sure your phone is not set for do not distrub.  Check to make that you don't have an extended absence.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

Need Help? Let's chat.