cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive alert/notification text messages

SteffenG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched over to Public Mobile about one week ago. I've signed up with my city to receive notification messages (e.g. waste schedule), but no longer receive them. I receive all other text messages fine, but not ones with unusual numbers (e.g. 314-15 in my case).

I searched through the community but couldn't find any answers. Is there any way to let Public Mobile know that this is not a spam number?

4 REPLIES 4

@SteffenG No hope getting additional short codes. It's been on the"nice to have" list for 4 years.

It's frowned on to do it yourself, so I marked you post as Solution to help folks quickly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SteffenG

Thank-you for the informative reply. It looks like the list in the link isn't complete, because the city shortcode is working at the moment. Here's hoping that they will keep expanding the list.

Any chance of Public Mobile ever asking for adding short codes?

SteffenG

...And of course now it works. In case anyone is reading this message - it looks like it can take quite some time for SMS to be fully set up after porting a number. I was receiving text messages from other cellphones in less than 3 hours, but it took a week to get notification/alert messages to work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@SteffenG  I understand that many of these confirmation texts utilize short codes. Unfortunately, PM does not do a good job supporting short codes. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Question-about-quot-Short-Codes-quot-...

Give fongo.com a try; some get through there but no promises.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.