cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make phone calls / voicemail stuck

RTAndrei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I suddenly can't make phone calls and I have a new voicemail alert. When I try to make any calls it immediately hangs up. I've never had this issue before and have been with Public about 6 months.

Any idea what's going on?

Samsung Galaxy S4

7 REPLIES 7

RTAndrei

A factory reset fixed the problem, whatever it was.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let us know what they say

RTAndrei

Thanks everyone!

I can send and get texts but can't receive or make calls.

I have rebooted and also taken the battery and Sim card out of my phone (several times) to no avail. 

When I reboot my phone, the voicemail alert changes time to when the phone turned on so I don't think there's an actual voice mail and it is an error.

Data is working fine. It seems to be a voice call issue only. No renewal or any new charges to the account.

I guess I'll give the mods a heads up in that case.

Thank you again!

Acekiller

if powering down doesnt' work, this is probably something the mods should check out. they should get back to you in a day or two.

------------------

Sending a message to the mod teams:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

meocon

@RTAndrei did you try to reboot your phone?

closng

@RTAndrei wrote:

Hello everyone,

I suddenly can't make phone calls and I have a new voicemail alert. When I try to make any calls it immediately hangs up. I've never had this issue before and have been with Public about 6 months.

Any idea what's going on?

Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi @RTAndrei,

I would suggest you to do a power cycle on your phone or try to take the SIM card out and re-insert it into the phone.

jp2

Does texting or data work? 

Can you be more specific with the voicemail message? EDIT: I miss read your message the new voicemail notification in your task bar stays there until you check the voicemail. 

How many bars of service do you have?

Did your account just renew over night?

Need Help? Let's chat.