cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls

Alvito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

Is there a system wide outage? Or is it just me?

I'm on a OnePlus 3T, I couldn't make calls this morning and I wasn't able to receive a call.

Whats going on?

12 REPLIES 12

@RossN wrote:

@will13am you are welcome to your opinion but if we are just going to send them to the moderators eveytime without trying to help we may as well shut down the community and set up a recording to contact the moderators

The community was all about helping customers with non account related matters.  Some of these work arounds are to address account problems.  As I said we are potentially enabling the survival of long standing issues.  You think this kind of response from customers is a good thing?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/I-m-done-with-PM/m-p/368891#M1573

@will13am you are welcome to your opinion but if we are just going to send them to the moderators eveytime without trying to help we may as well shut down the community and set up a recording to contact the moderators

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alvito , it could be a local issue but definitely not a system wide outage.  If the issue is plan related, I would suggest going the official route and have the moderator team look into the matter.  I used to think it's great to do work arounds like lost phone, add a buck.  These strategies if they work is an enabler for Public Mobile to ignore issues. By reporting it officially, it makes it harder for them to ignore problems than if they don't even see it.  Outcome may be identical, but at least they are made aware. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alvito wrote:

I am unfamiliar with this method. Please explain further.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Alvito go into your account where it says change number it is in that section sometimes adding 1 dollar seems to work also

Alvito

I am unfamiliar with this method. Please explain further.

@Alvito try the lost stolen trick it may wake it up wait five min then press found

Alvito

Public Mobile greets me and tells me my next payment is due in September, then gives a bunch of options.

Alvito

I'm on a $40 plan that includes:

12GB Data

Unlimited International Text

Unlimited Provincial Talk

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RossN wrote:

@Alvito are you on the 10 dollar plan did you run out of minutes

If you ran out of minutes you can buy an addon for $5 for 500 minutes. this is the best price for minimum plans.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alvito What does *611 say if you call it? check your account

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alvito are you on the 10 dollar plan did you run out of minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.