cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls

danynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Suddenly today I can't make or receive calls. I can still make and receive texts, but incoming calls go right to voicemail and outgoing calls don't even dial.

This happens in places both with and without wifi, if that matters.

I've been with Public Mobile for over a year so this isn't because I'm a new customer. I've got unlimited provincial minutes with my plan.

Please help, I need to be able to use my phone!

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luisa_123 ideally you would start your own thread rather than replying to a solved thread from a few months ago.  Many people don't bother reading new replies once threads are marked as solved.

You said you've checked everything that @RobertQc suggested above.  If you sign into your self-serve account, what does your Account Status show as?  Active, or something else?  What erorr(s) or symptioms are you experiencing, exactly?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luisa_123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have done all that and the issue still persist. Could it be a SIM card problem?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@danynnSorry you are having trouble, I know how frustrating it can be. There are many possible reasons why you would be unable to place or receive calls. If you are in an area where you normally have a signal, your device may be having difficulty connecting to the network. In this case, resetting the network connection or restarting the device may help to re-establish connection.

Check Settings on your Device

Certain settings disable your cellular connection or receiving functionality. Ensure that Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb or Blocking Features are disabled. For Data connections ensure that Mobile Data is enabled.

Reset Connection

You can force a reset of your connection by turning Airplane Mode off and on again. This will force your device to attempt to re-establish a connection.

You can also reset your network connection by performing a Reset of Network Settings.

For detailed instructions on a specific device model, visit our Device simulators support page or visit the device manufacture website. Choose your device model and then search Airplane Mode or Reset Network Settings using the simulator.

Pull out your battery / Remove your sim card / Reinsert your sim card / Restart your device

If your device is unable to connect to the network, restarting your device may help regain the connection. Turn your phone off and on again then attempt to place a call.

For detailed instructions on your device model, visit our Device simulators support page visit the device manufacture website. Choose your device model and then search Restart in the simulator.

If you have access to another phone, try your sim card in that device.

Need Help? Let's chat.