cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls when I come back from Asia, Always respond with "Your Plan Do Not Have Int'l call"

bingbing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I used my phone in Asia in a trip for a week, just come back today, when someone call me locally, they hit my Voice mail and my phone didn't ring, also, when I tried to make calls, it always said, "I don't have International calling", wondering if the Public Mobile can not detect where I am and thought that I am still in Asia while I already come back?

I also did a shut down on my phone and pull out the SIM card with waited for more than few minutes before put it back and have the phone turned ON, but still not work, I did that 3 times already, wonder where and who can I contact with to make the Public Mobile network to see my phone back in Vancouver so that I can get all my services back, also, I can receive text, but I can't send out. 

Please help. URGENT

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

By chance is this phone an LG product?  Some phone such as LG do lock onto networks when switching SIM cards.  A network reset is often the solution. 

@will13am LG only have issues with data, not with general network connectivity including talk and text.  However, @bingbing I agree that a network reset is the next thing you should try, if you haven't already.  Also make sure your preferred network type setting isn't set to 2G only for some reason--auto is ideal or "2G/3G/4G" or similar option.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@bingbing wrote:

Yes, my account is Active and need to top up on Feb 2019.

My phone shows Public Mobile 3G network, and the message responded when I make a call is in English saying that my plan can not  make long distance  call. 

I switched the SIM to other phone, same thing, mostly is the Public Mobile Network not able to swtich over from Asia back to Canada.

Thanks for your respond anyway.

I am not sure what you mean by Public Mobile not being able to switch over from Asia back to Canada.  Public Mobile only offers roaming in the US.  Even if you tried using the service anywhere else, there would be no connection.  I fail to understand how traveling to Asia and back can do anything. 

By chance is this phone an LG product?  Some phone such as LG do lock onto networks when switching SIM cards.  A network reset is often the solution. 

Try going into your account and reporting your phone stolen/lost then report it found. If that doesn't work try putting $1 into your PM account. Either of those will sometimes fix connection/service errors.

bingbing

No I use Automatic Network Scan and my plan is Active, tried using other phone, same problem. In fact I can receive Text messages, which means that I am in the network, just that Public mobile is treating me as over seas.

bingbing

Yes, my account is Active and need to top up on Feb 2019.

My phone shows Public Mobile 3G network, and the message responded when I make a call is in English saying that my plan can not  make long distance  call. 

I switched the SIM to other phone, same thing, mostly is the Public Mobile Network not able to swtich over from Asia back to Canada.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bingbing First login to your self-serve account and check if your account status is active. If yes, check your phones network/carrier settings and see it is detecting the Public Mobile as a network carrier. If that looks fine, try the sim in any other unlocked phone and see if it works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bingbing wrote:

Hi, 

I used my phone in Asia in a trip for a week, just come back today, when someone call me locally, they hit my Voice mail and my phone didn't ring, also, when I tried to make calls, it always said, "I don't have International calling", wondering if the Public Mobile can not detect where I am and thought that I am still in Asia while I already come back?

I also did a shut down on my phone and pull out the SIM card with waited for more than few minutes before put it back and have the phone turned ON, but still not work, I did that 3 times already, wonder where and who can I contact with to make the Public Mobile network to see my phone back in Vancouver so that I can get all my services back, also, I can receive text, but I can't send out. 

Please help. URGENT

Did you manually scan for and find and connect to Public Mobile? If the setting is otherwise set to manual this could be the problem. If the setting is on automatic then this shouldn't be a problem.

Is your service in fact active or is it possibly suspended?

Maybe also try the lost/stolen feature.

Need Help? Let's chat.