cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls using dialpad...

Maddog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Never been a problem before, but for some reason I can't make calls using the dialpad, but I can make calls if I place the call through the recent or contact menus or my messaging app!  Dialpad itself functions but when I press the "phone" icon to place the call I get the message "No cellular network available. Connect to an available Wi-Fi Network to make calls."  Samsung Galaxy S7...

6 REPLIES 6

@Maddog I have a setting in my dialer app. it's called "Assisted Dialing" check to see if it's enabled. It automatically predicts and adds the proper country code.

@Maddog Did you try restarting phone, turning off and on air plane mode? It seems to be a phone issue rather than PM's. Do you have another Sim of other provider or also PM's so you could test?

Maddog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@iliketotalk Yes I have, thank you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Maddog  Check the settings on your dialer app it sounds like it's configured to use wifi calling.

Also make sure you haven't setup the default dialing app to be a wifi calling app.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Maddog  try turning your WiFi off and see if it works. If it does, try resetting your network setting and restarting your phone. Reenter the WiFi and retry the call again using the keypad. Let us know if this doesn't work. Thanks. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Maddog Have you tried putting a 1 in front of your phone number that you were dialing

Need Help? Let's chat.