cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get data to work

FinetalPies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public for over 2 years now. I have an LG G4 Android that's evidently compatible with the network for texts and calls. I signed up for a data plan like, ages ago, and couldn't get it to work during the month I had it so simply cancelled it and gave up on the idea.
The a 1gb data promo kicked fairly recently, I had another chance to try to get data to work. But didn't get any luck following instructions I found around.
But now I just happen to check my profile and it says I have 0.020mb / 1024mb used. The most recent usage was a 0.001mb usage on Nov 23 just labelled "Web".

A glimmer of hope? A bug? I never turned the mobile data option off on my phone, and the promo data is listed as active on my account, so it's possible I did actually use some data. But even now as I double check my Access Point Names and other data settings, I just can't get it to work.

7 REPLIES 7

@FinetalPies wrote:

I did just try a network reset and double triple checked those APN settings and still no dice

@FinetalPies  reset apn to default and create the PM apn as above. If not, then your only option is to do a factory reset.

FinetalPies

I did just try a network reset and double triple checked those APN settings and still no dice

@FinetalPies  Some customers have reported being able to get data working by adding the folowing APN leave the rest of the fields blank or whatever the defaults is.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FinetalPies 

I am using a LG G5.  I think the settings for G4 is similar.  Easest way is to search for network reset after opening the settings app and folloing the prompt to do network reset.  

@FinetalPies 

If you have not yet, try the network reset first.  That will not affect your phone memory, etc.  That sometimes is enough to get the data working.  

FinetalPies

@Dunkman 
It might be a while before I can do a full backup & factory reset thing. But I'll try to remember to get back here and let you know if it works.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@FinetalPies 

LG phones sometimes need network reset and even a factory reset for data to work. 

Might want to try network reset first.  confirm your APN settings.  Then try factory reset (back up your phone first)

Need Help? Let's chat.