cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get data on my Motorola xt615

Lynn1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have new account and have not been able to get data on my phone, though the data indicates it is switch on. I can't access the net for anything, maps, gmail, etc.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@water_marked wrote:

@Lynn1 That phone supports frequency bands 850 and 1900 (@Lachlan_M) which means it should be fine for 3G use with Public Mobile.

Go to menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks

Somewhere in there you should be able to make the necessary changes to connect. 

You will need to find where to edit your APN settings.

Let us know if you get it sorted out!

Good Luck

It's not just frequencies. It's transmission protocols as well. I think you might be looking at the GSM protocols which is 2G not the 3G ones like UMTS or WCDMA or HSDPA. But who knows maybe I'm mis-reading things.

water_marked
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Lynn1 That phone supports frequency bands 850 and 1900 (@Lachlan_M) which means it should be fine for 3G use with Public Mobile.

Go to menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks

Somewhere in there you should be able to make the necessary changes to connect. 

You will need to find where to edit your APN settings.

Let us know if you get it sorted out!

Good Luck

laidlaw1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure to go to the following line https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/#motorola and have your APN settings correctly entered so that you are able to use your data on the Public Mobile network! This should help you out! Best of luck

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn1 wrote:

Have new account and have not been able to get data on my phone, though the data indicates it is switch on. I can't access the net for anything, maps, gmail, etc.

@Lynn1  Did you purchase that phone from Virgin?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynn1 wrote:

Is it working for voice? gsmarena seems to suggest it won't work here. Nor data.

Oh it's Motoluxe. willmyphonework.net says it won't work either.

charliejohnsone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure your apn settings are set up for public mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn1 wrote:

Were you able to get the data to work ?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi Lynn @Lynn1 

Just to make sure your phone is working okay ie can dial and text etc.

Have you put in the correct APN for Public Mobile for your phone? It can be find here.

Need Help? Let's chat.