Can't find public mobile in Network settings

Scamp67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone is set to auto 

do do you have my sim ending in 

180912? I think it may be the sim

6 REPLIES 6

@Scamp67

What model phone are you using?  Do you know that it has hardware compatible with the PM (Telus) network?  And have you tried restarting it with the PM SIM card installed?

@Scamp67 wrote:

It shows pm when I search for a network but says no service either way .. I’m thinking faulty sim

Maybe it is a faulty SIM card if the account is in active and that particular SIM card is showing as the officially registered card.  Maybe follow up with the moderator team to make sure there's no hidden fault in the account.  Also mention possible faulty SIM.  I don't know if there's any warranties on these things, maybe you can get a free issue in goodwill.  

Scamp67

It shows pm when I search for a network but says no service either way .. I’m thinking faulty sim

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Scamp67, do you mean that when you do a mobile network search, you are unable to locate Public Mobile?  Sometimes phones may report Telus as the associated network.  The best is to use auto setting and let the SIM card determine which network to auto connect to.  If the phone is not able to establish a network connection, it's possible there's no signal at the location.  

Scamp67

No service at all tried 4 other unlocked phone same problem

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Scamp67 You posted in a year old topic so i moved it to a new topic for better visibility. 

To better help you, please elaborate exactly what the problem is. Is your phone getting any signal or there is no service at all? 

Need Help? Let's chat.