cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't edit APN settings on my phone, no data even though my plan includes data, can't text pictures

I recently switched to Public Mobile from Fido. The porting went through successfully, that was 3 days ago. But I notice 3 things:

1, I assume the other two issues are caused by APN settings, but I can't edit APN settings on my phone. I use a phone called UMIDIGI S3 PRO, I've attached screenshots of when I tried to edit APN settings. The fields are all greyed out and it's not letting me edit the settings.

2, I can send texts fine, but just can't text pictures, it just stays as 'Sending' for like 30 mins and then says 'Fails to deliver'

3, I can't access data if there's no WIFI, I've made sure that 'Mobile data' is enabled on my phone.

Any help would be really appreciated! THank you.

3, 1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Can't edit APN settings on my phone, no data even though my plan includes data, can't text pictu

I haven't checked for that specific phone but you could try this site. 

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!  Audio @will13am uses umidigi he may know what can help you

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't edit APN settings on my phone, no data even though my plan includes data, can't text pictu

@tg-qhd wrote:

I recently switched to Public Mobile from Fido. The porting went through successfully, that was 3 days ago. But I notice 3 things:

1, I assume the other two issues are caused by APN settings, but I can't edit APN settings on my phone. I use a phone called UMIDIGI S3 PRO, I've attached screenshots of when I tried to edit APN settings. The fields are all greyed out and it's not letting me edit the settings.

2, I can send texts fine, but just can't text pictures, it just stays as 'Sending' for like 30 mins and then says 'Fails to deliver'

3, I can't access data if there's no WIFI, I've made sure that 'Mobile data' is enabled on my phone.

Any help would be really appreciated! THank you.

What OS is the phone running?

Can you add an apn using the 3 dots?

Is there possibly a "hidden" + (to add) to the left of the right side icons?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd  edit the Telus.sp one. I have the F1. Change  it to PM's APN.  Enable data,  save it and restart your phone. Try to send an mms. Let us know if this doesn't work. 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

The minimum apn type should be " default,mms,supl"

Stay safe.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd  Go into Network & internet Mobile settings -> Advanced and select manually the Network to be Public Mobile. (Don not use the automatic setting)

Once Public Mobile is selected this should allow you to change APNs

Go back into the APN select the first one (Telus) and change the APN value from sp.telus.com to sp.mb.com. Save the change and test to see if data starts working.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd 

I have an Umidigi A5 Pro.  All I did was insert PM SIM card, enable data, power down my A5 Pro, wait a minute and start my A5 Pro again to let PM SIM card to configure my APN automatically.  My data works and my picture MMS works.

Try my procedure and let me know how it goes.

Welcome to PM.

Highlighted
Oracle

I have a Umidigi A5 pro and F2.  Both work without any APN editing.  I can edit/add APN if needed.  So I am not sure what is going on here.  Try moving the SIM card to the other slot, see if that makes a difference.  Is the add APN option available?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13 Unfortunately the link you provided doesn't include my phone model. But thanks anyways. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It's been well documented here that some Umidigi models do not allow you to edit APN settings. 

Posting my Umidigi model works is not going to help the OP resolve his issue.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd  the SIM should be in slot one. Try resetting your network settings. Reset WiFi, mobile and Bluetooth- reset settings. Restart your phone, re-enter your wifi if applicable and see if this allows you to change  and save your data APN settings.