cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit APN settings on my phone, no data even though my plan includes data, can't text pictures

tg-qhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched to Public Mobile from Fido. The porting went through successfully, that was 3 days ago. But I notice 3 things:

1, I assume the other two issues are caused by APN settings, but I can't edit APN settings on my phone. I use a phone called UMIDIGI S3 PRO, I've attached screenshots of when I tried to edit APN settings. The fields are all greyed out and it's not letting me edit the settings.

2, I can send texts fine, but just can't text pictures, it just stays as 'Sending' for like 30 mins and then says 'Fails to deliver'

3, I can't access data if there's no WIFI, I've made sure that 'Mobile data' is enabled on my phone.

Any help would be really appreciated! THank you.

3, 1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

33 REPLIES 33

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tg-qhd  edit the Telus.sp one. I have the F1. Change  it to PM's APN.  Enable data,  save it and restart your phone. Try to send an mms. Let us know if this doesn't work. 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

The minimum apn type should be " default,mms,supl"

Stay safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tg-qhd wrote:

I recently switched to Public Mobile from Fido. The porting went through successfully, that was 3 days ago. But I notice 3 things:

1, I assume the other two issues are caused by APN settings, but I can't edit APN settings on my phone. I use a phone called UMIDIGI S3 PRO, I've attached screenshots of when I tried to edit APN settings. The fields are all greyed out and it's not letting me edit the settings.

2, I can send texts fine, but just can't text pictures, it just stays as 'Sending' for like 30 mins and then says 'Fails to deliver'

3, I can't access data if there's no WIFI, I've made sure that 'Mobile data' is enabled on my phone.

Any help would be really appreciated! THank you.

What OS is the phone running?

Can you add an apn using the 3 dots?

Is there possibly a "hidden" + (to add) to the left of the right side icons?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I haven't checked for that specific phone but you could try this site. 

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!  Audio @will13am uses umidigi he may know what can help you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.