cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call a 647 number

Megz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm based in Toronto, I have a province-wide plan, and I can't make a call to a local mobile number starting with 647.

The automatic message says "Sorry, you can not complete the call. You do not have an active long distance add on and the call is not covered by your plan."

I see this is a common problem some users face, I've tried a few of the suggestions from other threads (restarting phone, removing/adding the +1 at the start of the number), but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

23 REPLIES 23

alqur20

alqur20

hi did you fix the 647 calling problrm

alqur20

hi did you fix the 647 calling problrm

@stonechucker wrote:

@Megz, the 647 number you're calling is most likely a new(er) exchange, that Public Mobiile hasn't yet added to the list of allowed calls on the Province Wide plan.  Frustrating, I know.

I know that does tends to happen at Public Mobile with calling to newer blocks of phones numbers.  What I can't understand is why they don't just assign the entire area code as being within Ontario.  While the first 3 numbers are important to determining the city that the phone number is in, that only matters when it comes to local calling areas.  Since Public Mobile plans are currently province-wide and Canada-wide, that doesn't factor in.   Hopefully, given time, Public Mobile can fix these issues accross the board.

alqur20

plz how

I'm based in Toronto, I have a province-wide plan, and I can't make a call to a local mobile number starting with 647.

The automatic message says "Sorry, you can not complete the call. You do not have an active long distance add on and the call is not covered by your plan."

plz help

alqur20

plz how

@Megz, the 647 number you're calling is most likely a new(er) exchange, that Public Mobiile hasn't yet added to the list of allowed calls on the Province Wide plan.  Frustrating, I know.

Best to send your phone number, the destination phone number, your account number and PIN to the moderators via private message as noted above.

Not sure if suggested before, have you attempted to dial +1647xxxyyyy to complete this call?

Megz

Not sure why this message is getting responses again. I PM a mod at the end of last year and solved this issue. All fixed thanks 

@alqur20 wrote:
Can't call a 647 number too

plz help

The only people who can help you with this are members of the Public Mobile moderator team.  Please send one of them a message.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

alqur20
Can't call a 647 number too

plz help

Megz

If anyone else is still having the same problem – you need to PM a mod.

They got my problem resolved somehow on their end, now I have no trouble calling the number and getting through.

ehsan

ehsan

I just ping public mobile on twitter, Even that looks like no on ehere to help.

Joseph_lu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My girlfriend and I are having the same issue. Both on Public Mobile and can't call each other. 

rogermobile

Having same issue. I have a 647 number, can't call 416 or 289 numbers and getting the same message.

Please fix ASAP!

ehsan

I have the same problem, I can't make a call from my 647 number to any other 647 number and I am getting the same message to buy adds-on,

JBull

I'm having the same problem. I can't make any local phone calls to anyone because everyone is long distance.

aresham

Good evening,

I have the same problem and trying to call 647 number on freedom mobile and it doesn't dial it. It says you don't have talk plan. I've seen a few people had similar problem and I have trying other solution and nothing works so far. Can some one hello me?

Thanks,

Megz

No – he's not on PM, he's on Freedom.

Have tried calling from both my contacts, and dialing the number, neither work.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Is the other 647 number that you are trying to call also a PM number or another carrier?

are you trying to just call him from your contact list or have you tried actually dialing the number from the keypad?

Megz

Yeah, it works fine calling local landline numbers, 1800 numbers, 437 numbers, and another 647 number.

Just not my husband's specific 647 number which would be kinda useful.

Thanks, will get in touch with a mod.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @mimmo said, you'll need to contact the @CS_Agent for help with this. Likely there is an errors somewhere in the system preventing you from calling locally. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

do other calls work?  you might need a mod to look into it.

Need Help? Let's chat.