cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my mobile data on my new phone

jeffguy124u
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently had to purchase a new phone as my old phone suffered severe damage after being dropped. I purchased a Samsung galaxy 3.  Everything works fine, calls, data & wifi. However, i cannot access my mobile data, data isbpartbof my plan and has not been entirely used. I'm sure its a setting, I'm just not 100% sure where to make changes in my phone to correct the issue. I would really appreciate if someone could send step by step instructions, or just send a link that will help. Thanks in advance!!! Happy holidays to all !😊

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jeffguy124u given that the 3 series Samsungs are now several years old, I'm assuming you obtained this phone used and not new.  If that's the case and it was used on another network previously (Wind/Freedom usually being the offender, but it could be literally any other provider that causes the issue), you may need to do a factory reset to get the data flowing.  Make sure you back up anything important that isn't already backed up or sync'd to a cloud service first, since the reset will wipe your phone clean.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you need to set your APN settings

check out this link

Edit: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

step 3 is the most relevant

Need Help? Let's chat.