cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Can't Connect to Data

A quick update:

My mom went back to Walmart and they were able to fix her phone’s network settings, so she can access data now.

However, it turns out my uncle actually has an iPhone and not a Huawei. Unfortunately, the Walmart rep wasn’t able to get his phone’s network’s setting to work so he still can’t connect to data. She suggested that he try going to the iPhone store to see if they can fix it.

Has anyone else had issues with using iPhone on public mobile’s network? Or are the network settings feature different?

As mentioned, he can make and receive calls but can’t access data. The phone is unlocked but he was with Rogers before switching over to Public. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try connecting iPhone to iTunes..see if it pushes any updates to phone

@Winning247 wrote:

However, it turns out my uncle actually has an iPhone and not a Huawei.

Has anyone else had issues with using iPhone on public mobile’s network? Or are the network settings feature different?

Which iPhone?  Everything you need to know about getting data working on an iPhone should be covered in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118

Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Winning247 wrote:

However, it turns out my uncle actually has an iPhone and not a Huawei.

Which iPhone?  Everything you need to know about getting data working on an iPhone should be covered in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118

The Public Mobile iPhone Connectivity Bible(tm), courtesy of @CalgaryBen Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

The Public Mobile iPhone Connectivity Bible(tm), courtesy of @CalgaryBen Smiley Happy

Smiley LOL It was my attempt at "planned obsolescence" for myself.  Seems about 80-90% of the iPhone questions here related to data connectivity!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apparently, my uncle was able to get his phone settings to work and can connect to data now. Thanks for all the replies!