cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send but not receive text messages

camerondeweerd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Starting yesterday I was no longer able to receive text messages. I can still successfully send them.

I'm on the 15$ plan w/ autopay and my plan just renewed the day before this happened
I can send and receive calls just fine.
I've messaged my phone from both an android and an iphone and neither worked.
I turned it off and on again multiple times but that didn't fix it.
I cleared the cache in the messaging app and nothing.
I swapped a different SIM card into the phone and I WAS able to receive texts then which suggests its an issue with my SIM card/plan as opposed to a software problem.

Does anyone have addional recommendations for things I could try to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

camerondeweerd

@LovesToPM

The trick you described has fixed my problem.
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Hi @camerondeweerd 

You can try the lost stolen phone trick to see if that fixes the issue.

Logon to your Self-serve account. Report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Report your phone as found. Reboot your phone.

If this doesn't work, you'll need to contact Moderator. Patience... response time varies up to 2+ days.

Hi @GinYVR , APN is involved only if trying to send MMS picture messages. For SMS, it should work regardless of APN settings.

camerondeweerd

when the SIM was switched to a different phone I was still unable to receive messages to that SIM card.
My publicmobile profile does not list any incoming messages during this time span if that is what you mean by network messages.

I'll probably have to contact a Mod

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@camerondeweerdSince you mentioned swapping SIM cards. What happend to the Public Mobile SIM card in another phone? Were you able to receive messages on that phone? Are you able to access your data? If you are using an Android phone double check your APN?

Also check your network usage in your selfserve you should be able to see if there is any incoming messages.

If all else fails contact the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.