cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive text messages.

panapup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Short back story.  
My phone was stolen last weekend so I suspended service.  Ordered a new phone and sim card.  Received it yesterday and reactivated my account - changed the Sim and Upgraded my plan.  Everything worked great.  Today I find out I can send and receive calls and I can send text messages but I can not receive them.   Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24

@Silvio_M wrote:

The issue panapup reported was solved. Case closed. Happy, happy, joy, joy! 🙂

Sounds like it self resolved.  This is an issue that needs to be dealt with so that it doesn't happen.  Expiry of an addon should not affect your service at all.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

The issue panapup reported was solved. Case closed. Happy, happy, joy, joy! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Edmondmar wrote:

Hi there,

Did all your text messages pour in after this got fixed? I bought US texting for 8$ and it just expired tonight I'm thinking... 

How long did it take to get fixed?

@Edmondmar  unforutnately, any messages that were sent to you between the time the add-on expires and the time it's removed from your account are just lost. They will never be delivered, nor will the sender know they were not delivered, nor will you know that you missed receiving some unless the sender follows up to see why you didn't respond.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Edmondmar

Hi there,

Did all your text messages pour in after this got fixed? I bought US texting for 8$ and it just expired tonight I'm thinking... 

How long did it take to get fixed?

panapup

Hello - thank you all for your support.  

This is (I guess) a known bug.  It rightd itself within 24 hours.  

Take care,

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@panapup wrote:

I actually changed plans just to see if it would work - I have now paid $140 for my $50 plan...lol.  Nothing.  It isn't my phone though as my son who is also with Public can't receive texts either.  Everything else works just not receieving texts and we have had 3 friends who all reaceieved our outgoing messages and sent us responses and NEITHER of us got any responses.

Woah a mad lad (it's a compliment). So did mod confirm if this is bug or as designed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@panapup wrote:

Just spoke with a friend who is also with PM - seems because I had a US data add on that expired last nght ( on both phones) it should resolve itself within 12 - 24 hours....fingers crossed.

Data add-on? Or one of the texting options?

I've heard of this problem with the texting add-on (or bundle) but not data. Interesting if it was only data

@panapup wrote:

Just spoke with a friend who is also with PM - seems because I had a US data add on that expired last nght ( on both phones) it should resolve itself within 12 - 24 hours....fingers crossed.

This is very likely the smoking gun. 

panapup

panapup

I actually changed plans just to see if it would work - I have now paid $140 for my $50 plan...lol.  Nothing.  It isn't my phone though as my son who is also with Public can't receive texts either.  Everything else works just not receieving texts and we have had 3 friends who all reaceieved our outgoing messages and sent us responses and NEITHER of us got any responses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@panapup wrote:

Thank you everyone for your help - I have sent the Moderator a message - Weird that it is boh our phones not just mine. 

A long shot might be to manually pay in another $1 and then restart the phone. The extra will just get used next renewal.

panapup

Thank you everyone for your help - I have sent the Moderator a message - Weird that it is boh our phones not just mine. 

Your best bet is to send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.. It could take a couple of days for them to respond, so please be patient...and let us know how and when you get resolution.

panapup

New wrinkle.  I upgraded my plan yesterday and today no receiving text messages.  I update my son's plan too and it seems he too is not getting text messages.  So it can't be my phone if his worked yesterday too and now is not.  Both got different plans - both worked yesterday not today.

panapup

Nope Samsung A5 to Samsung A5 - weird thing is it was working yesterday when I reactivated my account just can't receive text messages

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@panapup, any chance you’ve moved from an iPhone to a different non iPhone device?  I’m wondering if you may need to deregister your phone number with Apple.  Assuming you’re using the default sms client on your phone.

if you’re using something else, maybe de registering that might be the fix?

I think you need a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

panapup

So I suspened service - waited - resumed service - restarted my phone and still nothing. 

@panapup wrote:
I don't think I have an allotment - I think I have unlimited.  My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 6GB + 2GB BONUS at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

Looks like you are correct. If the phone worked yesterday, but not today....I'm going to say your phone is the culprit and not a PM issue. Please try the lost/stolen remedy as was proviously suggested. Let us know when and how this is resolved.

panapup
I don't think I have an allotment - I think I have unlimited.  My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 6GB + 2GB BONUS at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

What text plan did you subscribe to ? Is it possible you've used up all your allotment ?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try going into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone.

panapup

It worked yesterday so yes it is enabled. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

To start with...have a look at the settings on your new phone to confirm if text is enabled.

@panapup wrote:

Short back story.  
My phone was stolen last weekend so I suspended service.  Ordered a new phone and sim card.  Received it yesterday and reactivated my account - changed the Sim and Upgraded my plan.  Everything worked great.  Today I find out I can send and receive calls and I can send text messages but I can not receive them.   Any ideas?

Need Help? Let's chat.