cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not enable wifi hotspot

Litono
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have tried to enable wifi hotspot but I received the message saying that to enable personal wifi hotspot on this account, contact Public Mobile 

what should I do?

thank you

8 REPLIES 8

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Litono,

If you need further help, you can register a ticket through SIMon, our virutal assistant and we will take a look into your situation!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Litono wrote:

Hi, 

I have tried to enable wifi hotspot but I received the message saying that to enable personal wifi hotspot on this account, contact Public Mobile 

what should I do?

thank you

My Guess is you most likely a Device made for a US Carrier (My guess is AT&T) but Sprint and Verizon are the same.

@Litono wrote:

Hi, 

what should I do?

thank you

There is no lock out at the Public Mobile account level.

In your APN settings, I would try using APN type: default,mms,dun

Is your phone unlocked from a U.S. carrier?  Some of these phone had the featured disabled in the software.

@Ed404 wrote:

I'm not sure if this works, but you could try getting an app to create a hotspot while using data. 

From what I remember from apps that create a hotspot when the phone's software doesn't natively support, these apps sometimes are only capable of creating an adhoc network. Some devices can't connect to that type of network and security was sometimes limited to WEP.  That reminds of the days of using Joiku on Symbian S60.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Also, just in case it is a PM-Side issue, you should send a ticket now, keep working on your issue for sure, but it sometimes takes time to get in touch with @CS_Agent so starting a ticket just in case seems the best way to go.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (hotspot not working). Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team

Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you looked at your APN settings. There should be 2. One of them should be sp.mb.com and one should be isp.mb.com, the latter being your tethering APN.

For Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not sure if this works, but you could try getting an app to create a hotspot while using data. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I don't think it's restricted on account level

Can you check your phone settings

Need Help? Let's chat.