cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call but my number can’t be called in

rioheavens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi went to walmart today to purchase a PM sim. My current bell number is not in service as bell cut it off. Employee at walmart told me should be ok to port my old number. Now I can make a call but nobody can call me back. You think number is still porting? I tried to change phone number instead online it says failed. Should I wait to port or what to do? Went back to walmart employee he said to wait a little bit more. 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thebe1999 wrote:

I’m having the same issue as her! Could someone please send me a message and help me out?

Have you recently ported your number from another provider?

Keep using your old SIM until it stops working. Then you'll know you're ported over and then you can put the Public Mobile SIM.

Thebe1999

I’m having the same issue as her! Could someone please send me a message and help me out?

@Aïssata_B, you've listed a personal phone of someone's in the public forum.  This needs to be corrected ASAP!!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to read about your service issue, and I'd be glad to help you with this matter.

First of all, your last post states that the issue is solved. Can you please confirm if your issue is fixed? Taking a look at the port details, I can see that there is no port request for the phone number ***-***-****. Please tell me more about it.

Looking forward to hearing from you, have a great day  🙂

Cheers,

Aïssata_B

rioheavens

Thank you. I have this issue resolved on my end. 

Simply owing money to a carrier does not automatically disqualify number porting eligibility. 

Phone number ports can also often (but not always) be done seamlessly even when the porting out the number causes the account balance to have a high amount owing on the final bill due to a high oustanding device subsidy amount.  But I know that in the case of Wind Mobile, they have sometimes/often refused to let a phone nubmer to port out until after the remaining WINDtab was paid off.

Even being past due does always prevent poritng a number out.   The amount of time that the account is past due and whether or not the account has been put in the non-payment suspension can come into play.

The OP can still try to port the the Bell phone number in. The request's success will have to do with whether or not Bell actually anything to actively block the transfer of the this phone number.

Keep in the mind that even if Bell allow the phone number to be transfered to Public Mobile, the Bell bill still needs to be paid.  If it is not paid, they will likely send it to debt collection eventually.  If you believe that Bell has made a mistake in the amounts that they have billed you, you will need to contact Bell customer service to discuss.

rioheavens

Tried also changing number instead online but won’t let me. So I contacted one of the mods.Thank you for all the inputs.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai The mods won’t be able to port the number if the Bell account is not in good standing. Needs to deal with Bell or take a new number. They’re not going to release the number if the poster owes them money. 

@rioheavenswrote:

It is still an active account but just not in service because I have not paid bell due to unreasonable charges. 

Was the service active when you ported out? If yes, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info so they can take a look at your porting status. 

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don’t believe you’ll be able to port out if your account is not active and is not in good standing. You may have to take a new number or resolve your issues with Bell prior to porting the number over. 

rioheavens

It is still an active account but just not in service because I have not paid bell due to unreasonable charges. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes it takes a few hours for porting to complete. But your Bell account was Active when you ported your number, correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.