cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a cell phone brought from Lucky Mobile and use it with Public Mobile please?

bunny4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I need to replace my 7-yr old phone, trying to save $$$.

I am thinking to either buy a cell phone from Lucky Mobile : ZTE Blade A3 L

OR

Buy a prepaid phone from Koodo Mobile

Could I use them with Public Mobile net work please?

Have you ever done that with success? Is it doable ?

I need some advice please, truly appreciate  your help 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bunny4 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I need to replace my 7-yr old phone, trying to save $$$.

I am thinking to either buy a cell phone from Lucky Mobile : ZTE Blade A3 L

OR

Buy a prepaid phone from Koodo Mobile

Could I use them with Public Mobile net work please?

Have you ever done that with success? Is it doable ?

I need some advice please, truly appreciate  your help 🙂

@bunny4 

.Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. 

Always good to check whether a phone will work with any provider, especially Public Mobile. Use more than one source to be sure.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

bunny4

"It doesn't matter, all phones are required to be unlocked (meaning not bound to carrier) if you paid full price for the phone. If the phone is $79, and you paid $79+tax, you own the phone, the place you bought from Bell, TELUS, etc. cannot make you pay into their plans"

@nuttygamer 

Good to know about the UNLOCKED CELL POLICY in Canada. I wasn't so sure about it, because PM has a section called 

"check if your phone is compatible".

to let people to check out if the phone work. Moreover, I heard that different carriers use different network frequencies, KOODO & PM are under TELUS network, but Lucky Mobile is with Bell. The bottom line  questions: Although all cell phones could be UNLOCKED by the carriers, but since different carriers use different network frequencies, an unlocked cellphone could be used in one carrier , but not sure it will work with other carriers??

You made a good point and I learn from it 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunny4 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thank you so much, good idea : chat live with Lucky Mobile 🙂

@bunny4 

your welcome dear

bunny4

@Anonymous 

Thank you so much, good idea : chat live with Lucky Mobile 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunny4 

just to let you know i did chat live with agent from Lucky Mobile web online, and the say is a unlocked device and store maybe is allowed you to test your SIM card

or you can buy it if you don't like it return with 14 days or 30 minutes.

but you can found good device better quality, 

nuttygamer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It doesn't matter, all phones are required to be unlocked (meaning not bound to carrier) if you paid full price for the phone. If the phone is $79, and you paid $79+tax, you own the phone, the place you bought from Bell, Telus, etc. cannot make you pay into their plans. So yes, me buying an iPhone outright from Apple prevents Apple from telling me that I have to use it with Bell or any other company.

bunny4

@hTideGnow 

I love your suggestion, will do

bunny4

"and if you buy it from any retail store just ask them that device is unlocked. and also if you can try it your SIM card is better , and i think the allowed you to try it, if you buy it in store."

@Anonymous 

Good idea! 

@bunny4 yes, it will work on PM.  

I look at the spec, I think it will even work better , slightly better on PM

Just need to check if it is unlocked, but  Lucky should be selling you a fully unlocked phone

bunny4

@nuttygamer 

I want to pay full price( $79 for ZTE Blade A3 L), that is the only option with Lucky Mobile .

Did you buy your phone from Lucky Mobile outright and it work with PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunny4 

just to you know

Canadians have the right to buy wireless devices like a smartphone without being locked to a service provider's network. All phones sold in Canada since December 2017 are already unlocked. Older devices can be unlocked by the wireless carrier at no cost to the customer.

and if you buy it from any retail store just ask them that device is unlocked. and also if you can try it your SIM card is better , and i think the allowed you to try it, if you buy it in store.

bunny4

@Anonymous 

I am currently with PM, and seen the deal with ZTE Blade A3 L ($79) on Lucky Mobile, so thinking to buy it . Just not sure if it will work with PM network.

Have you ever done the same thing before please?

nuttygamer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are buying outright, it should be unlocked and should work with any wireless network, provided you bought the sim card from public mobile.

I bought my iPhone outright and I just stick in the public mobile sim and activated my Sim and it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunny4 

Yes is that device is will working 

Need Help? Let's chat.