cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a OnePlus 5 with dual sims and TWO PM sims at the same time?

Myriad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I want to add a second PM Sim to my Oneplus 5 in order to get more data from the second sim slot. Will this work? The OP 5 supports up to 4G on both sim slots.

8 REPLIES 8

Myriad

Yep. I use Sim slot #1 for data and Sim slot #2 for voice.

@Myriad Are  you  able to use that phone to make voice call, and at the same time using data ?

Myriad

Well for anyone else who has this question here's the answer:  Yes you can use 2 PM sims at the same time. I have the 5.5Gb and the 6GB plans active so for $90 a month I have 11.5GB of data.  I put my data sim in slot one of the OnePlus 5 and my voice in slot 2 and it works perfectly! Problem solved!

Myriad

I am just hoping that the CRTC disallows the ogliopolies proposals for data-only plans now on the table as they are an insult to Canadians!

@Myriad wrote:

You'd think so, but we are in Canada after all! If I was in the UK for instance, I could buy 10Gb of extra data for around $38, where PM rips you off for an additional $30 for a single extra measly GB!!?? I am already on the 6GB plan so it seemed cheaper to buy another 6GB plan for $52 and just use it for data. I am wondering if this will technically work however?

Sounds like you were a prime candidate for the 10gb $60 offer that was going on with all providers a while ago

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i don't see why it wouldn't work? can always borrow a friend's sim card to see if the theory work.

Myriad

You'd think so, but we are in Canada after all! If I was in the UK for instance, I could buy 10Gb of extra data for around $38, where PM rips you off for an additional $30 for a single extra measly GB!!?? I am already on the 6GB plan so it seemed cheaper to buy another 6GB plan for $52 and just use it for data. I am wondering if this will technically work however?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Myriad, typical of dual SIM phones, only one SIM can be selected as the "data SIM" at a time.  It is easy to toggle the selection.  So, it is possible to increase data by using two SIMs both having plans with data.  Having said that, isn't it a better cost solution to get a plan that has more data?

Need Help? Let's chat.