cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to landline not showing phone number or name

Tweetynumair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I read a couple of other threads where people had similar issues.  Didn't really find my answers there.

I only just noticed this on my phone, when I call a landline, my number and name does not show up at all, another PM user tried with the same results.  Fido calls will show up.

The landline phone does have my name and number in the contact list already.  Dialer settings already set to show caller ID.  I could have sworn that a few months ago, the number and name showed up properly on the landline.

I want my name and number to show up on the landline, any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

@Tweetynumair first switch back to network default from show number on the cellphone. Second, the problem probably is with Altima Telecom try unplugging power supply from the voip box, waiting a couple of minutes and plugging it back in. Once it reinitilizes itself. Try the call again. Hopefully this works. Stay safe.

Tweetynumair

@gblackma 

I have tried the caller ID setting, changing from network default to show number, still doesn't show up tho.  Tried the *82+landline number but all I get is the "you don't have a voice plan" msg.  Tried the network reset and reboot, no change.

Thank you for all the help and ideas!  Stay safe👍🏻 I suppose since it magically started doing this, it may decide in a few months to show the name and number again....

@Tweetynumair I'm not sure what the problem is. To hide/ show your number on your xiomi a2 - Tap Call settings. Tap Caller ID. Tap Caller ID. Tap Hide number or Show number. You can check if this is on. (Also try dialing *82 before calling your landline. Is the number showing up now?) If this fails  try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  

Steps to Reset Network Settings on Xiaomi Mi A2
  1. Open Settings.
  2. In the Wireless Settings menu, tap on More option.
  3. Now tap on Network Settings reset option.
  4. You can tap on Reset settings and confirm by OK button.
  5. This way you can reset network settings on your Xiaomi Mi A2.

And I'm fresh out of ideas. Stay safe .

@Nezgar , @Jb456 , @sheytoon , @computergeek541 and @Korth  amy ideas? Thanks. 

Tweetynumair

@gblackma xiaomi a2.  Nope, haven't hidden my number that I know of.  I did try in March to hide my number on a per call basis by using *31. But after testing, nothing i did worked to hide the number on the landline so I stopped trying.  Now, of course when I no longer need or want it, it works without me even trying😑.  Could I have done something then to make a change in the settings inadvertantly?  But I'm pretty sure it was still showing my name and number when I gave up....

Landline is with Altima Telecom

@Tweetynumair what's the make and model of your phone?  And did you hide your number for business purposes and forget to remove it? Who is your landline with? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Tweetynumair

@gblackma 1 particular one that I've tried, don't have another one to test it on at the moment

*Update, apparently my number at least, will show up on another landline, so I guess it's just *my* landline provider that's having issues with PM......

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tweetynumair is it every landline? Or a particular one? Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.