cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls/texts work fine but Data doesn't

jccool5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-919V (for Wind). It seems like 4G LTE isn't supported on this phone but at least HSPA should be but I'm not getting any data. I checked all the APN settings and all that and still nothing. Any suggestions guys? Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

MrElbe

@jccool5000 wrote:

Thanks guys... I was using a custom ROM. I just restored to my stock samsung ROM so unfortunately I'm back to android 5.1 from 7.1 but at least I'm getting data now. Thanks guys

Same here. No cigar with 7.1 . Worked fine on Koodo. Reverted back to stock Koodo image 5.1 and Bingo! all works as advertised. 

warzouing

This seemed as an old topic but I just scratched my head yesterday after trying to connect to Data network on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919 from T-Mobile). Combining many notes thru many sites, I was finally able to use Data from my 25 dollars plan after doing the followings :.

- Settings, Connections

- More networks

- Mobile networks

- Check Mobile Data

- Access Point Names

click + on top right of your screen, you will get a screen for "Edit access point"

Name : Public Mobile

APN : sp.mb.com

Proxy : leave blank

Port : leave blank

Username : leave blank

Password : leave blank

Server : leave blank

MMSC : http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

Multimedia message proxy : 74.49.0.18

Multimedia message port : 80

MCC : 302

MNC : 220

Authentication type : leave blank

APN type : default, mms, supl

APN protocol : IPV4

APN roaming protocol : IPV4

Bearer : Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type : None

Make sure you have selected the new "Public Mobile" APN entry.. To test your data plan, turn off wifi and try to connect to a web site.

@jccool5000
You sounds like I usually don't give up either I take those thing as a challenge too i have a strong feeling you will get it fixed
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jccool5000

@Samianauman wrote:

@jccool5000

Finally huh lol 

Yeah finally lol

i'll keep trying to get it work with the custom ROM. will report back if I get it to work

Finally
Glad to hear that
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jccool5000

Thanks guys... I was using a custom ROM. I just restored to my stock samsung ROM so unfortunately I'm back to android 5.1 from 7.1 but at least I'm getting data now. Thanks guys

Try *#272#( your phone IMEI)#
Instead of *272# imei#

@jccool5000 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

You are connected to the Public Mobile network?  What does the SIM status say about the cellular network type and cellular network state?

Oh, I hate carrier phones with a passion.

Yes I'm connected. Suprisingly enough if I go into the network details it says its connected on HSPA but still no data ( maybe it's using HSPA for calls?). I tried the SIM on a family member's iPhone 5S and it worked the moment the SIM went in.

Does cellular network state show connected or disconnected.  Just curious, it should say disconnected considering that you are not getting data.  Give this a try even though it may look like a dumb suggestion.  Go to the APN settings, create a new APN, give it a unique name (this text entry does not affect data connectivity).  For all the other fields enter the exact information for Public Mobile APN settings, save it, select this new APN as the default.  See if this resolves the problem. 

Are you using on original dialer ?

jccool5000

@will13am wrote:

You are connected to the Public Mobile network?  What does the SIM status say about the cellular network type and cellular network state?

Yes I'm connected. Suprisingly enough if I go into the network details it says its connected on HSPA but still no data ( maybe it's using HSPA for calls?). I tried the SIM on a family member's iPhone 5S and it worked the moment the SIM went in.

jccool5000

@Samianauman wrote:
dial *272#( your phone IMEI)#
you will get the csc menu then select the koodo and click install.
this will also will erase everything in you phone
If you already tried that then
Try your sim in other phone to see if its service or hardware only issue

I can't get into the menu

Lol but phone still be unlocked you can still use any carrier its just help a bit for network issues and stuff if you have a unlock phone even of you use csc its won't effect unlocking part of phone

@Samianauman wrote:
Csc its a great feature I use often whenever I switch my phone or upgrade to newer one
Let's say s6 locked to Rogers then you also have those Rogers branded app and stuff as well preloaded in phone even if you get it unlocked those app will still stay Rogers phone not bad but freedom phone usually block frequencies since no LTE in past was offered by freedom if you use csc option your phone firmware get switch by whatever carrier you use lets sry koodo once phone boot up you will also get koodo preloaded app like koodo self serve and stuff but also all network setting get reset according to koodo requirement
In my case when i bought this s8 plus its was keep losing lte since phone was freedom originally then I use service mode option was worked but I was still losing signals on lte then I use csc bang after that I don't even have to touch setting phone got boot up and since that running smoothly like silk
I would say csc really works specially if phone was freedom or mobilicity tmobile locked before unlocking

Also you don't need adb backup there s a software Samsung smart switch for Windows and MacBook you can backup everything once you restore connect usb and done
Alway been a big fan of Samsung had a s2.3.4.5.6.6edge plus 7 edge also note 12345
Lol

Wow, you make CSC sound like a miracle drug that can also solve world hunger.  I will stick with my formula of avoiding carrier phones.  It keeps more money in my pocket.  All I need to do is stick any SIM into the device and it just works. Anything more complicated and I will get all flustered.

Csc its a great feature I use often whenever I switch my phone or upgrade to newer one
Let's say s6 locked to Rogers then you also have those Rogers branded app and stuff as well preloaded in phone even if you get it unlocked those app will still stay Rogers phone not bad but freedom phone usually block frequencies since no LTE in past was offered by freedom if you use csc option your phone firmware get switch by whatever carrier you use lets sry koodo once phone boot up you will also get koodo preloaded app like koodo self serve and stuff but also all network setting get reset according to koodo requirement
In my case when i bought this s8 plus its was keep losing lte since phone was freedom originally then I use service mode option was worked but I was still losing signals on lte then I use csc bang after that I don't even have to touch setting phone got boot up and since that running smoothly like silk
I would say csc really works specially if phone was freedom or mobilicity tmobile locked before unlocking

Also you don't need adb backup there s a software Samsung smart switch for Windows and MacBook you can backup everything once you restore connect usb and done
Alway been a big fan of Samsung had a s2.3.4.5.6.6edge plus 7 edge also note 12345
Lol

@will13am
All explained in few minutes driving right now let me stop by somewhere and then I'll explain

@Samianauman wrote:

You seem familiar with this Shamsung CSC thing.  What does it do other than cause grief for the user?  The last Samsung device I used was a Note 2 and I am so happy about that.  If changing the CSC causes a factory reset, perhaps the thing to do is an ADB backup of the user apps and data so that it can be restored after the factory reset.

jccool5000

I've done all of that already. No data still.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All phones should be compatible at the 3G level.  So there should be 3G data as a minimum.  Could this be the SCS thing that Samsung uses which is getting in the way of data working?  I would start by checking the APN settings, followed by ensuring mobile data is enabled, preferred network type, and finally data limits are appropriately set such that it is not disabling mobile data.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

According to this site, the phone doesn't support any LTE or 4G bands:
http://willmyphonework.net/

You can also check which bands are supported by the towers in your area on this map:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Click on any blue (Bell) or green (Telus) towers.

Need Help? Let's chat.