cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls still dropping? TAKE ACTION - Here's how!

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It seems that most people who had the calls dropping issue are still experiencing the issue.  If you'd like to make Public Mobile accountable, there is a formal complaint process to which they will have to formally respond.  If you want your issues to be resolved, this is probably the best way to have it taken seriously.

I have held out for a month, hoping they would take it seriously and fix it, but it seems that they're "hoping" a fix they tried did it.  It didn't and we're still not getting news flowing back on next steps etc.  I'm tired of waiting and I've given WAY more than a fair chance to have it fixed (and yes, I was one of the first ones to submit a ticket back around April 8th - yet I was told it was my hardware and to switch to Koodo).

Here's how to file a formal complaint:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Secondly, if you're looking to leave PM, check out Lucky Mobile.  They have identical plans, and most importantly, they're not a child carrier of Telus (like Koodo and PM are).  Lucky Mobile is operated by Bell (so, identical coverage) and the only difference is that they don't have the added discounts for referrals, community support etc.  You can get a SIM card for $4 at any Dollarama and activate yourself in minutes.

2 REPLIES 2

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PlanShopper wrote:

Secondly, if you're looking to leave PM, check out Lucky Mobile.  They have identical plans, and most importantly, they're not a child carrier of Telus (like Koodo and PM are).  Lucky Mobile is operated by Bell (so, identical coverage) and the only difference is that they don't have the added discounts for referrals, community support etc.  You can get a SIM card for $4 at any Dollarama and activate yourself in minutes.

Eh? Not sure if not being a child carrier of Telus is anything important, certainly not most importantly!

I honestly hate Bell after what they did to my parents and have no interest in being their customer, so with Lucky being associated with Bell is the whole reason why I am on Public Mobile now. It would have been a coin flip otherwise. 
With that said, for the people who can't tollerate dropped calls, Lucky may not be that much better as it is the same tier as PM and I am told it is fairly common there too (although not as bad as PM is right now). Might be better off with the Virgin SIMs (still Bell) that are also $4 at Dollarama.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PlanShopper, I don't blame you at all for being upset.  Good luck with the Bell service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.