cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls randomly blanking out

shief24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 

I have noticed recently that when I am on the phone with anyone, the call temporarily cuts out and I hear static. And then they resume. 

It is pretty annoying because I’ve missed out details on important phone calls. Any tips would help. 

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Can you try changing networks to 3G (UMTS or WCDMA). There've been many things going on with things around here for a number of days. Do you know if your devices have been enabled for volte?

Adding - @Mark_B 

Mark_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Keeps happening. Restarting the phone regularly is not practical. Seems to be related to the Area. I have Iphone and my wife android and both have issues. We maybe ultimately forced to change the service with a more reliable provider. It have been a very consistent issue, and only recently.

shief24

@Asante1 I am in Peel Region and have noticed it in downtown Toronto as well. 

shief24

I’ve noticed it happening at home. I’ve mostly been working at home over the last couple of months as my office is closed. 

I did however, notice it happening in downtown Toronto but it’s become more frequent lately. 

shief24

@gblackma I’ve restarted it a couple of times. Same issue. I’ll try popping it in another phone and see if that works. 

Asante1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes u have had this issue as well . It seems dependent on the coverage area in in . 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@shief24 I would usually restart my phone of use fly mode for several mins if face this issue. After that, this doesn't happen. Also, can try to use the Sim in another phone to test it whether or not the problem is with a phone. Let us know if that helped you. Thanks.

@shief24  Is this happening primarily at home? Or does it happen everywhere and anywhere? I suggest you turn airplane mode on for 5 min. Turn it off. This will disconnect your phone completely from the network and then re-establish a new connection. Hopefully this will clear up your poor call quality.

Edit: ninja'd by a swimming mammal!

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This was happening to me last week.  I put my phone on airplane mode for 5 minutes and haven't had the issue since.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shief24 Try restarting your phone.  This sounds like a phone problem. Can you switch you SIM into another phone and see if this still happens? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Check your coverage area.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim card to test the reception.

Need Help? Let's chat.