cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Calls "breaking up"

@gpixel4 : Obviously anybody speculating anything could end up correct...some day...I think you're drawing premature conclusions.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

lol I am. and I hope I'm wrong 👍

sorry for scaring you guys

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

@gpixel4 Wait a minute, Aren't these plans required by law now that the CRTC put that in place? 

Koodo is being forced to offer those plans and instead of making them 4G to attract people, there making them 3G to not a attract people yet still follow the requirements. 

CRTC basically wants carriers to turn into Public Mobile. Now if all three offer these plans in every teir, then Telus has to do something to make PM more appealing like offer better plans. 

They want carriers to offer lower price. The 3g speed is Koodo's doing. They don't have to do that. Koodo doesnt want to create internal competition and get customers to speend less.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

CRTC basically wants carriers to turn into Public Mobile. Now if all three offer these plans in every teir, then Telus has to do something to make PM more appealing like offer better plans. 

To be fair.. PM still have a tiny bit of advantage.. Rewards.. remember we have members here paying just $10, $5 or even $0 with the service here with the the rewards   🙂

Langlois
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes that’s the thing you can’t beat the price! I hope it gets sorted out as I would like to stay with Publicand have recommended it to friends and family. I guess I could break down and get a landline again as talk is the main issue right now.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Langlois 

or get a textnow number for free and forward your phone to it. you don't need the sim, just the app

www.textnow.com

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Langlois 

You have wifi so fongo should fufill that need at home once you set your call forwarding to your fongo number that way any calls that you would normally miss to your pm number at home will now ring thru to your fongo number. Fongo works on mobile data as well.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

*new update

what are these guys doing? lol

price increase?

Screenshot_20210614-173042.png

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

*new update

what are these guys doing? lol

price increase?

So you finally made me look...you're not talking about prepaid. Apples - oranges. But their $15 base is 100 minutes total and no data. And then expensive add-ons.

No thanks.

softech
Mayor / Maire

.. so we are a bit happier now?  Koodo is still pricer with in the cheaper plans  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.