cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Calls "breaking up"

@gpixel4 wrote:

this is very interesting

Screenshot_20210612-173048.png

say bye bye to public... and free phone plans! NOOOOOO!!!!

just so everyone understands what Telus just did. they basically took pm out of the picture... they are getting things ready to move pm customers to Koodo. I wouldn't be surprised if credit checks are waived in the next couple years. maybe it's already gone. in that case, pm is on the high track to being decommissioned

Postpaid carriers have better plans than Public Mobile is nothing new. For about a year, this was routinely the case with even Koodo sometimes having better price plans. While things are slightly better now at the $35 and $50 price points, the plans at Public Mobile had gotten pretty bad in comparision.  Public Mobile is all about rewards.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I tried to call that number.  No one pick up but voice-mail indicate is someone from Telus.

I am not sure if talking to a Telus representative would  find out much info about the future of PM....

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Only national SMS/MMS on those "starter" plans, not international like PM...

Langlois
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems they dropped my ticket again although it was being looked at by a Tech person who actually called me an assured me they would look into it.  It’s been over a month now with calls breaking up. I would think once a ticket is in place they would give you some answers and close the ticket. Nope they just drop it and pick it up again once you contact them. Today I verified with a moderator that the text my daughter got was from PM I will post a screen shot.

I think they are on their way out... encouraging us to move to Telus or Koodo.

Langlois
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the response I got when I asked about the text my daughter got when they advised her to switch her plan to Koodo or Telus

FA815261-8082-4A1B-BB33-0FC12AD5F204.png

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Langlois : 8 pages on a slow internet connection on my mobile...did you say whether your daughter has a phone number from Manitoba?

Also how come then you didn't get this text?

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

it seems Koodo created those plans in anticipation for the shut down. I don't see how international text is that big of an advantage... I'm wondering if these plans also have volte?

softech
Mayor / Maire

... no $25 plan on Koodo.. 😞

I wonder if Telus can just walk away from PM and return the license???

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

What license?

softech
Mayor / Maire

so.. they can technically just walk out?? they have no obligation with CRTC on creating "competition"??

Need Help? Let's chat.