cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not being completed

OTMTheatre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I try to make a local phone call I immediately hear a message that says "sorry, we cannot complete your call. You do not have an active long distance add-on..."

Can you help me sort this out? I have not been able to make phone calls for 2 days and when I look at my account online everything appears to be good.

edited  by computergeek541: personal information removed

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@OTMTheatre  Did you just get back from a trip? Instead of using your conatcts to make a call try calling the number directly with a +1 in front of it. Does the call go through? If yes, then you need to fix the settings in your contacts.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@OTMTheatre wrote:

Hello,

My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I try to make a local phone call I immediately hear a message that says "sorry, we cannot complete your call. You do not have an active long distance add-on..."

Can you help me sort this out? I have not been able to make phone calls for 2 days and when I look at my account online everything appears to be good.

Thank you

Adam

Try dial 1 before xxx-xxx-xxxx.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@OTMTheatre wrote:

Hello,

My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I try to make a local phone call I immediately hear a message that says "sorry, we cannot complete your call. You do not have an active long distance add-on..."

Thank you

Adam

Sounds like you have the $10 or $15 plan with limited calling and you've hit your limit. Log into my Account and see if you have any minutes still available to you...if you see none, that means you've run out until renewal. An option is to get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling.  The beauty with that is those minutes don't expire (long as your plan stays active) until you've used them up...even if it takes 2 years to go so.

Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should delete your phone# by clicking on the 3 dots.  Try putting a 1 infront of the area code.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's best if you remove your phone number from your post. You can Edit it by using the three dots at the top right of your post.

What plan are you on? Any chance you've used your minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.