cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls getting dropped

Azure
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. The last few phone calls that I've been on, the calls got dropped. Today, it happened twice: After about 15 minutes, the call got dropped. I called back, and 15 minutes into the new call, the call was dropped again. The same scenario happened several weeks ago, as well. (These are in-province long-distance calls.)

Thank you for any advice.

10 REPLIES 10

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Dont offer message a mod answer...it iswhat it is.......

Metal1967

Dropped calls....today...same number..dropped call every 6-7 minutes...issue is NOT fixed...

@GETITGIRL wrote:

I've been experiencing dropped calls for the past 3 days. every time it gets shorter and shorter before it drops from 10-15min now 3-5 min. day or evening. WHAT'S GOING ON?

@GETITGIRLMany similar complaints not sure if there is a fix yet. You can click here 

and let Public Mobile know maybe they can investigate further.

GETITGIRL

I've been experiencing dropped calls for the past 3 days. every time it gets shorter and shorter before it drops from 10-15min now 3-5 min. day or evening. WHAT'S GOING ON?

Azure

@Lieux  Thank you. I will do that.

@Azure wrote:

Hello, and thank you for the responses. The calls that have been getting dropped after the 15 minute mark are from my cell to a landline within province. This happens every time I talk to someone at that landline-number. I have also been having calls dropped when I call out-going from my cell to call centres, like service providers and banks. Those do not take 15 minutes to drop. They can drop anywhere from a couple of minutes to a few minutes. Just today, I had one drop (while on hold) to a bank call centre after 1 minute. I re-dialed and was back on hold for six minutes, after which the call dropped again. I thought the issue was on the bank's call-centre end, so I decided to try another toll-free number. I was on hold, then speaking to a rep, and then the call dropped again, mid-conversation, after 8 minutes. This happened a couple of times last week, as well, to another service provider (not a bank). Thank you.

Strange...did you write a private message to the moderator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ? They can investigate your line and say to you if it's on their hands or not. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Azure

Hello, and thank you for the responses. The calls that have been getting dropped after the 15 minute mark are from my cell to a landline within province. This happens every time I talk to someone at that landline-number. I have also been having calls dropped when I call out-going from my cell to call centres, like service providers and banks. Those do not take 15 minutes to drop. They can drop anywhere from a couple of minutes to a few minutes. Just today, I had one drop (while on hold) to a bank call centre after 1 minute. I re-dialed and was back on hold for six minutes, after which the call dropped again. I thought the issue was on the bank's call-centre end, so I decided to try another toll-free number. I was on hold, then speaking to a rep, and then the call dropped again, mid-conversation, after 8 minutes. This happened a couple of times last week, as well, to another service provider (not a bank). Thank you.

Psygineer

Calls dropping on non-landline to non-landline calls are not that uncommon regardless of carrier I have found. If either party happens to be in a weaker area the call drops especially if they have a weak antenna. Weather can make the call drop. Since I have been on PM, yes it happens a little more often then it used to, but I've always attributed that to being in the heart of Rogers country and a bit far from the nearest Bell tower. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Azure wrote:

Hello. The last few phone calls that I've been on, the calls got dropped. Today, it happened twice: After about 15 minutes, the call got dropped. I called back, and 15 minutes into the new call, the call was dropped again. The same scenario happened several weeks ago, as well. (These are in-province long-distance calls.)

Thank you for any advice.

Did you check on your settings on your phone? Only calls less than 15 minutes..?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Azure  - Were all calls made from the same location?  Any chance there is a weak signal there?  Also, were the calls to the same person?  perhaps the problem is on their end?

Would you be able to try your SIM in another phone, to rule out issues with the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.