cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping on 3 separate phones (2 in Ottawa and 1 in Barrie)

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, I've been noticing calls have been dropping on 3 separate phones in 2 completely different geographic areas.  All Android phones, Pixel XL, LG G6 and a Samsung S3.  It seems to only occur between 3pm and 5pm. Talking between these 3 phones, calls never drop.  Talking to any other network or landlines and it seems to happen.  It seems that it is something occurring when calls leave the PM network.

Anyone else seeing this?

*I work in IT and understand cell phones quite well.  I also have a Cell booster in my house and get full bars 100% of the time (on Band 2, 5 and 13).  I was also dropping calls without the booster at this location, but I do only get about -101-109db without the booster (which is why I have the booster).  Outside the house, I get full bars without the booster.

5 REPLIES 5

PlanShopper

I was given a solution from Tier 2 support:  Go to Koodo.

Seriously...they blamed my hardware, then told me to switch to Koodo becuase I'd have access to LTE calling and VoLTE.  Now that there are 5 other threads on this exact same issue, it's pretty evident that something is going on.  I'm still dropping calls on all 5 of my family's lines (was only 3 originally), and it's annoying as hell.  I just sold my house and I've been talking to realtors and lawyers non-stop and dropping calls non-stop.

Support needs to investigate and put more effort than blaming the user's hardware or recommending to leave PM.  This is unacceptable for any phone company.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not in either location, but I'm very interested in hearing the outcome to this as well. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PlanShopper wrote:

So, I've been noticing calls have been dropping on 3 separate phones in 2 completely different geographic areas.  All Android phones, Pixel XL, LG G6 and a Samsung S3.  It seems to only occur between 3pm and 5pm. Talking between these 3 phones, calls never drop.  Talking to any other network or landlines and it seems to happen.  It seems that it is something occurring when calls leave the PM network.

Anyone else seeing this?

*I work in IT and understand cell phones quite well.  I also have a Cell booster in my house and get full bars 100% of the time (on Band 2, 5 and 13).  I was also dropping calls without the booster at this location, but I do only get about -101-109db without the booster (which is why I have the booster).  Outside the house, I get full bars without the booster.

Speculation on my part but if it's always during that time period maybe it has something to do with the provider performing some type of maintenance/refresh update on their network. Maybe worthwhile to send a private message to the Moderator Team and see if they can provide an answer. If the do please let us know.

PlanShopper

Thanks @NDesai 

2 of the plans are Canada wide, and mine is North America wide.  Shouldn't be a conflict with any provicial plans or anything like that.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@PlanShopper Are you on a plan with Canada-wide talk? May be this is something to do with connecting to a neighbour tower that is out of your province? 

Need Help? Let's chat.