cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping AGAIN....after the issue was apparently resolved.

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here we go for round 2.  3 different lines have all dropped calls in the last week.  Submitted a ticket and they simply insist it's been resolved just like they did for 3 weeks when I reported the issues for the first time.  That time, they insisted that it was 4 different android phones and an iPhone all having the same issue at the same time.  How IMPOSSIBLE!  Eventually, they got enough complaints to realize they were wrong and had to do some work to fix it and it only took 3 weeks and THOUSANDS of complaints.

Conincidentally, I recieved a call back from PM regarding my complain to CCTS from that last incident.  Now they're claiming that replacing all 5 SIM cards on the phones wil resolve the issue.  The BS with this company never stops...  So, just to appease them, they're sending me 5 new SIM cards and I'll change out 5 SIM cards in 5 different phones in 2 completely different geographic locations in Ontario to resolve ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  I LOVE wasting time on stupid gimmicks to prevent them from actually having to do anything constructive.  Maybe in a few weeks they'll realize that their system is still junk and they might actually have to do work again.  

Can you tell I'm completely annoyed by the lack of competence in this company?

12 REPLIES 12

PlanShopper
@stonechucker

Localized....not really. 3 of my accounts are in Orillia, ON, and the other 2 are in Ottawa, ON. 3 of the accounts are experiencing issues again, but the other 2 are rarely used during peak times so they may simply not be seeing it.

FWIW, I replaced 4 of the 5 SIM cards PM sent me as part of their resolution plan, and in a single day, I haven't dropped a call, but I only made one call at peak time yesterday. I want to test more, but I unfortunately have better things to be doing than to sit on calls and aimlessly talk while awaiting the call to drop.

PM at work repairing bugs.

Where is that darn bug??

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I'm hoping it's just localized - really strange to have it keep happening.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow - this is still on-going?

I wonder what the common- thread is between the affected accounts.

Gonna check the three phones on PM that my family uses tonight.... hopefully they have not been dealing with this and thinking that it's normal.

JoeBush
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

More dropped calls today. Nothing wrong with phone, location, etc.

JoeBush
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Getting dropped calls. Just had one. Getting sick of this garbage.

PlanShopper
I've received a PM from the mods indicating that it "is" a problem again and they are looking into it. I'm not sure if that was simply to avoid blaming my hardware again, or if it is genuinely occurring again (which is what I believe).

It baffles me to think that it can be happening again just 2 weeks after it was "resolved".

Intermittent issues are the worse.  They are very difficult to troubleshoot.  Personally, I would ask Public Mobile to create new accounts and move the existing accounts over to the new ones.  It sounds crazy to think the existing accounts are demonized.  It's software bugs at work.  Such analogy is preposterous, but fitting in terms of outcome.  I think to the issue of account password reset where this still doesn't work on some accounts. 

PlanShopper

@will13am  None of the plans are the other known issue plans.  The smallest one is $25, the rest are $40 or $50 plans.

@GinYVR I think it's definitely going to come to an end.  Last time it happened, I didn't expect it to take 3 weeks, then when I finally gave up and started switching (I bought and setup a Lucky Mobile account) to test, they finally acknowledged the issue.  It took another week or so before it was resolved and it certainly did improve.  So, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and calls were good for about a week.  Then, my parents each dropped a call, again only during peak times last week, and I dropped another 2 nights ago.  You guessed it...at peak time.  So, it's not a cut and dry matter to "just change providers".  It's a huge task to migrate your parents when you live nowhere near them and have to try to explain to them how to switch out SIM cards etc, change plans, explain to them why they still have to pay for service with PM even though they switched (prepaid) etc.  If the issue was 100% consistent and I couldn't make a single call over 2 minutes, I would be LONG gone - all 5 accounts.  That's not what's occurring.  It's intermittent and sometimes not at all.  The problem is that it started out slow, PM blamed my harwdare.  We suffered through 3 weeks as it got progressively worse, then it was getting fixed.  Now it's starting again.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear about your issues, but I am curious, if the situation is so dire and annoying why are you still with Public Mobile? Isn't it more productive to move to another provider that provides you with the support you like?

I mean if you suspect the new SIM cards won't do anything, why don't you just switch to say Bell or Rogers? They have better support and your users can probably just walk into any of their stores and get their SIM card changed without you being there (just setup your account first). Since Public Mobile requires unlocked phones, I am sure your users can go to any provider you select.

@PlanShopper wrote:

Here we go for round 2.  3 different lines have all dropped calls in the last week.  Submitted a ticket and they simply insist it's been resolved just like they did for 3 weeks when I reported the issues for the first time.  That time, they insisted that it was 4 different android phones and an iPhone all having the same issue at the same time.  How IMPOSSIBLE!  Eventually, they got enough complaints to realize they were wrong and had to do some work to fix it and it only took 3 weeks and THOUSANDS of complaints.

Conincidentally, I recieved a call back from PM regarding my complain to CCTS from that last incident.  Now they're claiming that replacing all 5 SIM cards on the phones wil resolve the issue.  The BS with this company never stops...  So, just to appease them, they're sending me 5 new SIM cards and I'll change out 5 SIM cards in 5 different phones in 2 completely different geographic locations in Ontario to resolve ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  I LOVE wasting time on stupid gimmicks to prevent them from actually having to do anything constructive.  Maybe in a few weeks they'll realize that their system is still junk and they might actually have to do work again.  

Can you tell I'm completely annoyed by the lack of competence in this company?

@will13am wrote:

@PlanShopper , it must my sheer bad luck to have that many affected accounts all together.  By chance are these accounts using the $10 or $15 plans?  

I totally agree that SIM card replacement will solve nothing.  I have never encountered a broken SIM card myself, including some that were in services for many years on a number of phones.  It seems like you are not happy with the resolution Public Mobile is offering.  Make that known to the CCTS.  Keep the heat on until the problem actually gets fixed.

That sounds like the good old days of Wind Mobile when if you complained about almost anything, they told you that you need to replace your sim card. However, to get a free sim replacement sim card, you'd have to make a special trip to Wind's warranty centre store, and they'd only have 1 or 2 of them in a large city.  So, you'd give in to other locations wanting to charge you for a sim card, but not even the proper $10 replacement fee for existing customers that they were supposed to charge, but sometimes the full $25 price that they used to charge new customers.  Many customers believing what customer care tells them grudgingly pay the $25 for a sim card, only to realize that the sim card replacement ended up accomplishing nothing.

In this case, at least the sim cards are free, but I do doubt that this is going to fix anything.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PlanShopper , it must my sheer bad luck to have that many affected accounts all together.  By chance are these accounts using the $10 or $15 plans?  

I totally agree that SIM card replacement will solve nothing.  I have never encountered a broken SIM card myself, including some that were in services for many years on a number of phones.  It seems like you are not happy with the resolution Public Mobile is offering.  Make that known to the CCTS.  Keep the heat on until the problem actually gets fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.