cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls automatically going to vm

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Just found out 90%  of calls to my phone are going automatically to my voice mail. There is no record of missed calls on my phone but they show on the callers phone.?

11 REPLIES 11

A Samsung s7 to an A3...

@GinYVR  is probably correct - different phones support (or prefer) different radio frequencies and bands. As do cellular base stations.

What are the specific brands/models of the two phones?

Well it's a strange one...i checked my usage and nothing shows up. I've certainly had those voice mails that show up a week later as though theyve been floating around in space trying to find a satellite to connect to so they can be beamed back to earth. We'll just call it an anomaly not unique to pm but an occurrence on any providers network. Still it's just plain weird when it happens.

Scoman20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What's your signal strength on your phone?  Sounds like you aren't connecting to the network.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Just found out 90%  of calls to my phone are going automatically to my voice mail. There is no record of missed calls on my phone but they show on the callers phone.?

@darlicious  Public and Telus use the same network. If you are receiving the call on your Telus flip phone then you should be receiving the call on your PM. What is the make and model of your PM phone and is the flip phone a 3G or 4G phone?

@darliciousIf you live in a dense urban environment, it might just be where the phone is located that is causing the problem eg Concrete basement suites or where you are at is a dead spot.

Alternatively make sure you have a phone that matches as many bands that the Telus network offers. As some bands work better than others especially when it comes to strength indoors.

I suggest you collect more information try to determine what is causing your calls going to voicemail. You can match information in View My Usage in selfserve. As you might have figured out by now, Public Mobile prices are low because there is not much hand holding.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Maybe you can try resetting the network settings on your phone. That could help.

@darlicious 

You can try the lost stolen phone trick to see if it will help.

Logon to your Self Serve account and report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Report your phone as found. Restart your phone.

I am awaiting a response from a moderator. Some calls come thru I can only know for sure that my boyfriend's are coming in sporadically. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

This very irritating. One of the main reasons I switched this phone from Freedom is that I had poor coverage at home. However I would be informed of missed calls once the signal came back. I have no indication I have missed these calls only that my boyfriend then phoned my telus flip phone to get through to me. I kept that as a back up to my smartphone for important calls because I was aware of freedoms limitations. I did not expect this from pm...and I was going to switch the flip phone today to pm. Reconsidering that...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.