cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and text are good, no data

Mummum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can call and text to and from the new phone, but my data refuses to connect. Help?

7 REPLIES 7

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum also make sure that you have data left on your self-service account.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mummum 

Very happy that it worked out and you managed to register. Welcome again to public mobile.

Lg phones are notorious for having issues with APN settings, they often need more tries than the others.

Taking sim in and out and restarting is the first thing to try, next network it even hard reset may be needed, make sure you backup your data.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In additon to the othe suggestions posted you can also try changing your mobile preferred network type.

So go to settings/wifi & internet/SIM & Network and try chaning your preferred network type to 2G/3G.  This happend to me when I was at my gf workplace where the signal was weak.  My data speed was next to nothing since I could not refresh my emails.  Unless you are paying for LTE or 4G then thats different.

PM supposedly throttles us down to 3Mbps but by changing this setting on my phone was up to 7 and 11 Mbps speeds.

Hope that helps.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account.  Under data and add-ons do you see any amount showing ?  If no data amount is listed them you have used up your data.

What brand and model of phone do you have ?  You may need to do a network reset or even a factory reset.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mummum what is the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

@Mummum wrote:

I can call and text to and from the new phone, but my data refuses to connect. Help?

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also, if you haven't already, reboot your phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check APN settings. Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

@Mummum wrote:

And what kind of phone do you have? As some need other tweaks.

Need Help? Let's chat.