cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call id not showing up

Nellyphammer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having issues with number coming up at private numbers. I swapped with different phones and it's still doing it.

6 REPLIES 6

@TheGx wrote:

If your problem outgoing calls being private, you can control that in settings under phone.

There are ways to do it in the phones menus, but here is the definitive way to set/clear outgoing CID blocking using standard GSM codes with Public Mobile on any phone:

• Block outgoing caller ID for all future calls by dialing: *31#
  • When blocking outgoing caller ID by default, you can enable it "per call" by prefixing *31# to a number (ie: *31#xxxyyyzzzz )
  • Allow outgoing caller ID by default by dialing: #31#
  • When allowing outgoing caller ID by default, you can disable it "per call" by prefixing #31# to a number (ie: #31#xxxyyyzzzz )

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your problem is incoming calls being private, you can't control that it up to other party to control that.

If your problem outgoing calls being private, you can control that in settings under phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nellyphammer wrote:

Having issues with number coming up at private numbers. I swapped with different phones and it's still doing it.

You could try the Moderators as suggested.   For the heck of it, try the below and test if it works (for Android - i'm guessing Apple may have similar option...):

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Phone.
3. Select Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner.
4. Select Settings.
5. Select Other call settings.
6. Push slider to activate Show caller information.

@Nellyphammer wrote:

Is this all numbers or only some numbers.  I know that some phones have an option to disable call display, but that's for outgoing calls and wouldnt' affect your ability when receiving calls.  I tend to think that this is an issue with your account and would suggest to open a ticket by going to:  Chat with Public Mobile (tiia.ai)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nellyphammer 

Do you mean all incoming calls, or your outgoing calls are displaying as Private Caller?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

what model of the phone is that?

some people on Android reported that before and turned out that he  didn't do  Play Store update for some time.  There is an app by Google called Carrier Service.. he updated and issue resolved

Need Help? Let's chat.