cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring

GSATV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm looking to enable Call Barring for ALL Incoming calls. This phone is my work phone, and although I ask clients to Text only, the phone is always ringing. In order to eliminate that, the only option i can find is to enable Call Barring. 

The phone is questions is a Samsung Galaxy A5 originally from Bell.

When I enable, through the dialer settings it asks for a password/pin. The passwords I've found on google seem to not work. I'm starting to think this pin # comes from the Network, even though it can be changed. 

Does anyone either know a pin, a way to enable it, or any other way to either bar all incoming calls or to at the very least change the amount of rings the phone will do to 1 ring till the call goes to voicemail.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GSATV You can also block the voicemail in setting:

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  

@GSATV wrote:

I definitely like that idea! 

@geopublic I think the confusion here for me is, can I even forward to my voicemail #..

@GSATV  Your voicemail number is area code + 580-4001.

I don't see how that would work, as I can simply call that number from any phone, access my voicemail without physically having the phone on me..

To access your voicemail from another device call area code + 580-4001 and follow the prompts to access your voicemails.

I suppose I'll have to mess with things a little more.. To everyone, I do appreciate the help!

Thank you!

@GSATV wrote:
..can I even forward to my voicemail #.. I don't see how that would work, as I can simply call that number from any phone, access my voicemail without physically having the phone on me..

Setting the "unconditional" call forward to the same voicemail deposit number already configured by default for the "conditional" call forwards, just ensures that calls are immediately routed to voicemail, rather than the caller having to wait for 25 seconds of ringing, and your phone ringing when you might not want it to.

Yes, you then either call your own phone number (which forwards to the voicemail #) or call the voicemail # directly to retrieve your messages from any phone.

GSATV

I definitely like that idea! 

@geopublic I think the confusion here for me is, can I even forward to my voicemail #.. I don't see how that would work, as I can simply call that number from any phone, access my voicemail without physically having the phone on me..

I suppose I'll have to mess with things a little more.. To everyone, I do appreciate the help!

Thank you!

@Jb456 wrote:

Mine has these options. If I select "always forward" then it asks to enter a number. I tried the voicemail number listed on the 3 other options and it worked.

Good work!

If you don't actually want people to leave you voicemail, there is an option if you enable the extended absense greeting to then disable the ability to leave a message.

The greeting could be something simple like, "Sorry, I am not available right now, please send me a text message." Man Very Happy

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@GSATV

You can setup unconditional forwarding as follows:

Dial '*21*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SEND

If you want to disable it do the following:

Dial '#21#' + SEND

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Mine has these options. If I select "always forward" then it asks to enter a number. I tried the voicemail number listed on the 3 other options and it worked.

Screenshot_20200114_222702_com.android.phone.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@GSATV wrote:

I can certainly forward calls, atleast I believe I can. However, I don't see an option anywhere to send incoming calls straight to voicemail unless kmof course I decline each call. 

Try the below. Note: can't say it will work but it's worth a shot to test it 🙂

First before you do..get your voicemail number from your phone.

Samsung Galaxy A5
  1. From the home screen, tap Phone.
  2. Tap the Menu icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Call.
  5. Tap More Settings.
  6. Tap Call Forwarding.
  7. Tap Always Forward.
  8. Enter the number you would like your calls forwarded to and then tap Enable

GSATV

I can certainly forward calls, atleast I believe I can. However, I don't see an option anywhere to send incoming calls straight to voicemail unless kmof course I decline each call. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

According to thread link below as stated by Oracle @will13am  this service is NOT offered.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Call-barring-incoming/m-p/271454#M480...

Could you not just divert all calls to voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.