cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a pre certified phone

Spaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am an existing customer and has an public mobile account. I was trying to buy a pre certified phone. After adding the phone in the cart when I was trying logging in to my account it wouldn’t allow me to login saying my login info is incorrect. I am 100% sure I was putting the correct info. Any help?

thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why buy certified phones? They are only second had phones, there is no oil change or spark plugs or engine tunning on a cell phone! I know it cost money, but still buy NEW! All vendors do is reinstall software but still OLD battery, which in many phones cannot be changed. Then u end up buying another dud! Does that make sense?

Manufacturers give software updates for about 2 to 4 years, then they want you to buy their new model. I buy a Android Samsung phone with 3 slots. 2 sim cards plus slot for 128gb storage card. That allows me to travel overseas, and add new local sim in spare slot, thus not losing my contacts stored on sim. The photos can be stored on 128gb storage, which is more than enough. Samsung offers this on International models of cell phones ONLY. I have not seen on many locally sold similar models.     I have A8 with 3 slots designed for Saudia Arabia, but brought online from Texas dealer on ebay. Local A8 Samsung cell phone did not have this additional slots feature. 

@Spaul    As mentioned earlier there is no need to create another account to order the phone.  You just need to start with "Buy Now" and then proceed to fill in the address and payment details and will get the email notification confirming the purchase and then another confirmation once it's been shipped.

@softech    My understanding (from someone who recently has ordered via PM), is that the email confirming the shipment has a tracking link. 

Edit: not sure about previous orders or how to access that.  Perhaps by contacting CSA?

Just a question , i never use PM store myself, too

With an account created there, can people go back and check previous orders?  

(one thing I know , there is no order status even with an account created..)

@Spaul wrote:

Even though it does not make any sense why I have to create another account to buy a phone . However it works. Thank you for quick response.

As a few of use were saying, there is a sepearte account, but you do not actually need to create an online store account. You can purchase without doing that.  The online store account, in my opinion, does nothing more than save your shipping address.

Spaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Even though it does not make any sense why I have to create another account to buy a phone . However it works. Thank you for quick response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spaul 

You’ll need to create an account before ordering  Create your account here

or Continue as a guest.

take advantage of a 1-year warranty. Plus, if you're not happy in the first 30 days, return it for a refund.
and Save more this Black Friday with a $30 bill credit when you purchase. between November 16-30th, and you’ll receive a $30 bill credit.....

All pre-owned phones from public mobile come with a Free SIM card.

Purchase Phone (publicmobile.ca).. Good Luck.

eligible for existing customer and new customer,

the credit will be applied to the account that is associated to the email address that you use to place the order, is eligible for existing customer and new customer,

this credit one time $30 will be applied on January 5th 2022.

Correct @esjliv 

Only at Public Mobile can one need three (3) separate accounts to access all the different facets of being a Public Mobile customer.

Ain't it fun!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Spaul wrote:

I am an existing customer and has an public mobile account. I was trying to buy a pre certified phone. After adding the phone in the cart when I was trying logging in to my account it wouldn’t allow me to login saying my login info is incorrect. I am 100% sure I was putting the correct info. Any help?

thanks.

@Spaul 

I believe the phone buying portal has no connection to your Self Serve to Community account.

Create a new account to proceed.

EDIT - OR, continue as GUEST.

@Spaul wrote:

thanks.

Your Self Serve account is not used for buying phones.  The account for the online store is a seperate account, although you don't even need to have one of those.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Spaul 

To purchase a phone, you need to register a separate account from the Community and your Self-Serve account.

Here is the direct link to register:

Create Account – Phone/SIM purchases

(EDIT:   more accurately, your login credentials for the Community and your Self-serve account are not, by default, the ones used for the online store account, although, you could probably make them the same if any username and/or password rules are met)  😉

Need Help? Let's chat.