cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a new phone

mirak75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I'm looking to buy a new phone through ebay.ca and wondering to know if it's safe to assume that any phne that works with Telus and/or Koodo will work with PM?

6 REPLIES 6

MotoZ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are absolutely right. But one huge requirement precedes all of eBay's seller protection. Pay with PayPal or you will not be protected from fraud by eBay, and there is no guarantee that your  Credit Card issuer will be able to do a charge, - back. 

@wetcoaster wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If the phone is gently used vs new in box then you will want to check that the phone is not blacklisted.

I understand that it's less of a problem with reputable sellers on ebay, but there have been plenty of reports of phones sold through kjiji, craigslist etc that cleared the blacklist check at time of sale but were blacklisted months later.

Personally, unless I know the seller (family, friend), I'd be staying away from used phones for that reason.

eBay is safe.  First of all eBay would not tolerate any shenanigans from their sellers shilling doubtful products that will end up on the blacklist.  Seller who have low ratings are required to pay a higher fee to advertise with eBay and continued low rating effectively results in expulsion.  Then there is PayPal to protect the purchase for up to 180 days.  I can't see how anybody that is not reputable can bypass such heavy scrutiny.

vanessapage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, Telus/Koodo phones will work with PM. If you buy a phone from another carrier, it's not too expensive to have it unlocked though

@mimmo wrote:

If the phone is gently used vs new in box then you will want to check that the phone is not blacklisted.

I understand that it's less of a problem with reputable sellers on ebay, but there have been plenty of reports of phones sold through kjiji, craigslist etc that cleared the blacklist check at time of sale but were blacklisted months later.

Personally, unless I know the seller (family, friend), I'd be staying away from used phones for that reason.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mirak75 wrote:

Hi there! I'm looking to buy a new phone through ebay.ca and wondering to know if it's safe to assume that any phne that works with Telus and/or Koodo will work with PM?

Yes they will.  I wouldn't limit your search to just that either check for all unlocked phones.  Onc eyou find some you like you can check them out at www.willmyphoneowrk.net

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.