cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy signal when calling my phone

Joanne806
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, when people try calling my phone they get a busy signal. I’ve tried removing my SIM card and waiting a minute. What can I do to fix this? Where can I get help? I live in PEI. 

10 REPLIES 10

liagrainger

Thanks, I'll do that!

You should probably start your own thread. A lot of people see that the solution has been found and don't look any further.

You can:

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

I saw someone post they got an answer in 6 hrs today. Could be that they are getting closer to current.

liagrainger

Yes I did. I've also been looking at some other topics referring to this issue, and it seems like it can be a problem with porting. I didn't transfer any number though, so I don't think that's the issue. I had a sim card from france in my phone and that number has now been cancelled. Data works, and I can make outgoing calls, but people calling me just get a busy signal. Flumoxed. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I assume you toggled airplane mode like the OP did as well?

liagrainger

I'm having this same problem and have tried the suggested solutions (phone reboot, stolen phone trick) and none have worked. Still getting that busy signal. 

Help!

Lia

Joanne806

Success!! I toggled to airplane mode, powered off phone, waited, powered on phone and toggled airplane mode off. Ring, ring! It works!!!

@Joanne806 

Interesting issue...

A few things to try that may work:

1.  Toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes, toggle off

2.  Reboot phone

3.  Network reset

4. Lost/stolen phone trick - seems to reset your SIM and troubleshoot different issues

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

If that does not work, see what other community members recommend.  Try to borrow a friend or family member phone to switch SIM cards... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne806 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the response! Outgoing calls work fine as does text and data. I’ve been with Public for many months and incoming calls have worked all along. Unfortunately I don’t have access to another (unlocked) phone to put my SIM card in. Any other suggestions?

Maybe check call forwarding options. Maybe it's forwarding to an incorrect number where it just gives a busy signal.

Joanne806

Hi! Thanks for the response! Outgoing calls work fine as does text and data. I’ve been with Public for many months and incoming calls have worked all along. Unfortunately I don’t have access to another (unlocked) phone to put my SIM card in. Any other suggestions?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Joanne806 

Are you able to call out?  What about text and data?  Did your phone ever work with incoming calls?

You could try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.