cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget phone

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a pretty good deal for a budget phone that won't hurt the wallet.  A lot of people probably never heard of this brand before, myself included until recently.  I purchased the A5 pro from Amazon to try out the brand.  I am very happy with my purchase which is why I am offering this suggestion in the community forum.  Amazon fulfilment means you can have it in hand literally the same day.  There is no tax on this purchase. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Phones-Unlocked-Canada-UMIDIGI-A3/dp/B07KKDS21X/

6 REPLIES 6

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That phone has a pretty slow CPU, it won't handle multitasking or games very well. I'd recommend buying a Samung A10 instead or a used phone.

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am 

Oooooh das fancayyyy 👌🏅🤤x999 do a "real person" review on YouTube or something and I'll be giving a thumbs up for sure lol

@THEnewfie wrote:

While I can't personally vouch for the awesomeness of this phone.. I can say that I've used an older umidigi phone before (C note) and I've also used many other Chinese devices as well (Vernee Thor, leeco le max 2, and elephone p8) ..gotta say, there's not much to be scared about with a "Chinese phone" ..every Chinese phone I've ever bought (some 2nd hand) have been dandy ol devices. If someone needs a phone and is limited in budget, not many folks would regret purchasing this umidigi device. I'm a bit of a phone nerd who's always watching YouTube reviews and general tech info and if this was a betting scenario id mortgage my house and put all my money down on ppl liking that phone 😎 it's a surer bet than me having a coffee 1st thing in the morning 🤷 and to make that point extra valid I'll share that I'm drinking a coffee as I type this out

A lot of North American customers are only accustomed to purchasing carrier brands through carrier stores.  I spent $131 as tuition fee to learn about a new brand.  I just spent $200 on Aliexpress 11.11 sale to get the Umidigi F2. 

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While I can't personally vouch for the awesomeness of this phone.. I can say that I've used an older umidigi phone before (C note) and I've also used many other Chinese devices as well (Vernee Thor, leeco le max 2, and elephone p8) ..gotta say, there's not much to be scared about with a "Chinese phone" ..every Chinese phone I've ever bought (some 2nd hand) have been dandy ol devices. If someone needs a phone and is limited in budget, not many folks would regret purchasing this umidigi device. I'm a bit of a phone nerd who's always watching YouTube reviews and general tech info and if this was a betting scenario id mortgage my house and put all my money down on ppl liking that phone 😎 it's a surer bet than me having a coffee 1st thing in the morning 🤷 and to make that point extra valid I'll share that I'm drinking a coffee as I type this out

I have the A5 pro.  I got it on a flash sale for $131.  Today the deal is on the A3 pro which is even more budget in price and features than the A5 pro. 

When I got the A5 pro, it was intended to be an experiement to check out the brand for features, quality, value.  I did not intend to keep the phone, but I have since changed my mind.  The phone comes with pretty much stock android 9.  I unlocked the bootloader and installed AOSP android 10 on it. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am 

Thanks for the info.

Which version do you have?  A5 or A3

Your link is for the A3 Pro.

A5 has bigger battery and 4GB RAM. 

I am using LG G5 with 4GB RAM and I like to stay with 4GB or more RAM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.