cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken back

Frankileng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 8 with a glass back is it able to be repaired? if so would it be under warranty? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Frankileng if you are paying for the repair, you can check with local mobile shops.   Or if you ask PM, they will ask you to visit MobileKlinik as it is owned by Telus.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Frankileng 

This unlikely to be covered under warranty but is certainly repairable. If it just the back, glasses that is cracked the average price of the repair is between $50 to $99. As mentioned you may have device insurance if you purchased the phone with usually a premium credit card such as RBC's infinite avion visa card. Check your card's insurance details.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I doubt any manufacturer will cover broken backs or screens.

It will be considered user's fault as it has nothing to do with product malfunction.

If you bought your phone with credit card you might look into CC coverage. They might cover damages or loss/theft.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

A. Rocken glass screen will not be covered under any warranty from PM.  

Many malls I have seen have mobile repair shops. What city are you in. I'm sure members will be happy to find you a place to get it fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frankileng 

warranty for 1-year

iphone warranty check Here  and Enter your serial number,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Was your phone purchased from PM ?

If your mobile phone is damaged due to neglect or abuse, it will not be covered under the 1-year Certified Pre-Owned warranty.Some examples or physical damage include:

• Broken LCD screen
  • Broken flip
  • Damage to housing
  • Broken charging port
  • Warped internal components
  • Bent / cracked main board

Check https://mobileklinik.ca or if there is no mobilelink location in your area then contact a Telus store.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Need Help? Let's chat.